Mepham and Moore missing

Hard to know what to make of it really - can’t help feeling Moore would have been a good option as a sub tonight while Meps has played a role off the bench for a while

I can only assume they must have done something reasonably concerning or deemed somewhat unprofessional, to warrant O'Neil making comments like that in the press. Otherwise I expect he'd have just said they need a rest/tired etc after international duty.

I don;t mean gone out of the p1ss all week with the Welsh lads (although could be something along those lines...), but perhaps they didn;t return on time as agreed and O'Neil feels he has to take some action, or lose respect/authority, discipline etc as hardly a sign of being fully committed to the clubs cause if doing something like that. Imagine O'Neil trying to forge strong unity, players fully focused and committed to survival campaign, then you get a couple of players who don;t toe the line, and can raise eyebrows, disrupt work done, if not properly addressed.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right....I expect their banishment from the squad is purely for football reasons....I mean it's not like we're in a relegation battle or anything so who needs them.

So who do you drop from the strongest bench we have had all season to make way for Mepham and Moore? Semenyo? Zabarnyi? Interested to know…..

Not a fan of O’Neil as manager, but am a fan of a manager leaving players out of the squad if they are pissing about over contracts or in a sulk over not playing/getting dropped.
Happy for a manager to be strict with players over this type of thing. Nobody is bigger than the club. If you think you are, go and have a cry to your agent and get gone.

Not a fan of O’Neil as manager, but am a fan of a manager leaving players out of the squad if they are pissing about over contracts or in a sulk over not playing/getting dropped.
Happy for a manager to be strict with players over this type of thing. Nobody is bigger than the club. If you think you are, go and have a cry to your agent and get gone.

Yeah, I mean its not black or white is it, theres varying degrees of unprofessionalism/over stepping the mark isn't there.

But one things for sure, how you deal with people, judgement around praise, discpline etc as a manager is a massive part of being successful in elite level sports in particular.

Even if other players don;t actively ponder over it, human nature means people pick up on things over time, and how managers deal with these things can make or break the end results. Some may detect weakness if manager to easy going, and slowly start messing about/taking liberties themselves. or lose confidence if mnanager too harsh/disciplinarian.

I think Howe would have learnt some harsh lessons from the relegation season, that will stand him in much bettter stead in the future.

Thought cook substitute was ok as Brighton had regained control of midfield
What did it achieve?.....we completely lost control of the midfield after that.....at least with Moore on we could have bypassed the midfield towards the end of the game.

What did it achieve?.....we completely lost control of the midfield after that.....at least with Moore on we could have bypassed the midfield towards the end of the game.
I did say earlier Moore would have been an effective sub - but he doesn’t play midfield. Reality is Brighton are excellent in midfield

ultimately though if Moore and meps have done something wrong then manager has to act

I did say earlier Moore would have been an effective sub - but he doesn’t play midfield. Reality is Brighton are excellent in midfield

ultimately though if Moore and meps have done something wrong then manager has to act
There's nothing to back up that they've done anything wrong apart from having no space for them in the match day squads.
It's all 2 plus 2 makes 5

;