Midfield when everyone's fit

Looks to me that AI is really committed to trying to get Billing to work in the deeper role so suspect we'll see him persevere with that for a while. It can work, as it did yesterday, but making it successful consistently is going to be the challenge.

Looks to me that AI is really committed to trying to get Billing to work in the deeper role so suspect we'll see him persevere with that for a while. It can work, as it did yesterday, but making it successful consistently is going to be the challenge.
Think he recognises that to play this way the centre mids need to have a great deal of athleticism, Billing can cover more ground than any other midfielder we have in that eight role. Scott also fits this profile too though so imagine it will be the two of them competing for that spot. Just don’t see how Rothwell fits into this way of playing, he’s not athletic enough for the eight role and he leaves us too defensively vulnerable as a six. Was one of our best players last season but don’t think we’ll see a lot of him from now on.

My understanding from Wiki is that Sinisterra is a left winger, so on the face of it it would appear that he will be competing with Tavernier for that position, unless one of them is moved to the other wing?

I think it will depend on the opposition. If we play a bigger team expected to dominate I wouldn't be surprised to see Cook and Adams in the deeper role, but against lesser sides Billing I think would replace Cook.

Then I suspect his preferred main forward 3 being Tav, Christie and Sinisterra

Plenty of rotation options though

I’ve got a feeling AI really rates Cook. Bought him on at half time for Rothwell last week for tactical reasons, played the full 90 yesterday. Probably suits the system better

Cook is in by default until Tyler is back imo.

Really only Tyler or Cook who can play in the deepest midfield role.

Then its between Billing, Scott and Rothwell for role between Tyler and Christie. Although perhaps Billing will be moved into Christie role once everyone is fit (although Christie may be shoe in, due his work rate...).

I’ve got a feeling AI really rates Cook. Bought him on at half time for Rothwell last week for tactical reasons, played the full 90 yesterday. Probably suits the system better
He’s playing Cook because he’s our only current fit number six. This system wouldn’t work with him and Adams in the team.

All very interesting but it’s a bit academic when the defending is parks standard and panic from every corner throw in or hopeful pint down the centre. We are glossing over the cracks which were apparent last season week in and week out.

Tav might actually be a very good number eight in this system to be fair. Full of energy and athleticism, played there for Boro. Not sure it wise to play our most creative threat that deep though.

Our best midfield imo:

Christie
Sini Billing Adams Tavernier

Best defence:

Kerkez Kelly Mepham Aarons

Best striker:

Kieffer Moore

*joking

;