Might hate Edddie!

CherriesFan

New Signing
It seems that Eddie is looking at stealing Jeff and Lloyd in the January window. I would hope that they would stay with us until at least the end of the season, plus, if we go up, Newcastle could go down and they wouldn’t be much better off! Eddie is also rumoured to want Nathan too, but that makes total sense for him game time wise.

It seems that Eddie is looking at stealing Jeff and Lloyd in the January window. I would hope that they would stay with us until at least the end of the season, plus, if we go up, Newcastle could go down and they wouldn’t be much better off! Eddie is also rumoured to want Nathan too, but that makes total sense for him game time wise.
So where did you hear this?
I would have thought he would be looking for a short term solution.

Standard rumours from the press when a manager joins a club - link him with his old players. Often not unfounded as managers like to have a voice they can trust in the dressing room. That may not be necessary here though as he has Wilson and Ritchie. However, Lerma is the one sounds the most realistic. It'll cost them though...

I know many will disagree to I think to prise Lerma away from us if we're still in situ in the top two come January, they'll have to pay us more for him than we paid for him.

If they come sniffing around Lerma or any other of our players, any transfer fee our club receive will be a pittance if those players are vital in getting us into the mega money PL.

Eddie has said many times, January is a hard time to get players, let’s hope that is still the case re our players.

They are both under contract, the club would be fools to let them go in January.

Left sided central defender Lloyd Kelly and left sided central defender Nathan Ake ? Unless he wants to make the mistake of playing one or both of them at left back again.

They’ve been linked with about 75 players in the past 5 days alone. I wouldn’t be too worried yet. Ake on loan seems like it could make sense though.

Loved Eddie when he was with AFCB, he was one of the reasons that I started to follow the team, exciting team to watch and he was so eloquent.

That said, I hope Newcastle stays up so that we face them next season. Give him a rousing ovation when he returns to DC .... and then kick his a**e.

They've probably been getting their info from this very forum...

As Kirsikka said, Cahill openly commented that he turned down PL clubs to come here as this project felt right, and what he wanted to be involved in at this stage of his career... He's been there and done it all, so why would he want to put himself through a relegation scrap in what could be one of his final playing seasons...

Kelly, I can't see him going either... Not this season anyhow. He is seemingly flourishing for the first time properly under Parker... Why throw that away when you've as good a chance of playing PL football at DC as you have at SJP next year... As we've seen... Losing games on a regular basis can shatter confidence and form.

Lerma, yep, I can see a bid for him coming in as he might be just what Newcastle's midfield needs... They'll have to pay top dollar for him and we've plenty of depth in Pearson, Kilkenny, L Cook and whoever the £15-20m can buy to cover him...

I'd be sad to see him go but he's the last real high earner and we'd be stupid to turn down a decent offer when he wouldn't be leaving us too short...

If we were offered £30m plus for lerma in January I would take that tbh but would tell Kelly he would have to wait until end of season to leave.

Maybe just maybe this group of players believe in Parker & his ethos., like some of Howe's previous squads did with him here.

I know money talks with some players but from what we're seeing with this squad so far, they look to me like they're determined to achieve something here with Parker this season.

I can see them getting royally shafted come january
no club is going to sell a player that's not surplus to requirements and given the amount and source of their wealth, if they try, they'll get their pants pulled down sans lube

;