Millwall Away

yanh_

First Team
I was wondering if anybody has any experience of getting the train away from The Den after an evening game? If so what's the chances of getting the 22:16 from South Bermondsey after our game on the 24th as if I can't get that one then I can't get home until the next morning. It seems that they quite often keep away fans in as well so this potentially complicates it further.

Can only say that at the FA cup match, we left well before the end with no problem - up the path to the platform with a couple of policemen present, till the first train came in.

I'd be very surprised if AFCB fans were kept in after the match. I can't imagine the police regard this as a high-risk fixture - we're not exactly West Ham or Chelsea, are we ?

When we played Millwall in the Cup back in 2017, all the home fans were very friendly, no tension at all.

Did anyone go to that league Cup game around 2009, we lost 4 nil, Neil Harris got a hatrick. They were a league or 2 above us

Reactions: DJ
I recall being in the Millwall end at the Old Den when David Shearer got the winner very late on in Nov 1987. Not the best place to be when you have just scored the winner. However the Millwall fans were hell bent on giving the very worst of abuse towards two of their own players at the end - a very young Teddy Sheringham, and a totally useless "Chicken" George Lawrence. We safely disappeared into the night and celebrated wildly when no one could see us !!!!!
Strange, all the times I went to the old Den I never once went in the away end, meant you avoided the ambush in the narrow lane leading to the main road.

I don’t think he is worried about the fans etc, or reminiscences about past games. The poor chap wants to know if he will be able to catch his train home. I would be interested too tbh.

Unfortunately, I have no idea as I haven’t been to an evening game at Millwall.

I recall being in the Millwall end at the Old Den when David Shearer got the winner very late on in Nov 1987. Not the best place to be when you have just scored the winner. However the Millwall fans were hell bent on giving the very worst of abuse towards two of their own players at the end - a very young Teddy Sheringham, and a totally useless "Chicken" George Lawrence. We safely disappeared into the night and celebrated wildly when no one could see us !!!!!
Strange, all the times I went to the old Den I never once went in the away end, meant you avoided the ambush in the narrow lane leading to the main road.
I was also at that game. Also four years earlier when Milton Graham scored for us but we lost 3-1.

Trains are pretty regular from South Bermondsey to London Bridge in my experience, except when there was a bus replacement a few years ago.

London Bridge to Waterloo East trains go every few minutes too.

Did anyone go to that league Cup game around 2009, we lost 4 nil, Neil Harris got a hatrick. They were a league or 2 above us

Yes went to this game. Other than drinking too much and knowing I went up on the train, couldn’t tell you a thing about the evening…

I seem to recall going to the New Den 3 years running and us winning all three. One was a Boxing Day? fixture. I think it was when Steve Robinson was playing for us. Might be wrong though.

I seem to recall going to the New Den 3 years running and us winning all three. One was a Boxing Day? fixture. I think it was when Steve Robinson was playing for us. Might be wrong though.
1997 John Bailey scored the only goal, but thats the only New Den win I've seen. I'm still trying to erase that FA Cup game from my mind.

If you get to London Bridge then jubilee line to Waterloo

It is a very long walk between the rail platforms and the Jubilee Line at London Bridge. It is much quicker to jump on a train to Waterloo East and then walk through to Waterloo. There’s a train from London Bridge to Waterloo East every few minutes, even late at night.

If you have bought a through ticket to South Bermondsey it is also much cheaper than paying extra to go on the Tube. On the outward leg you can break your journey at Waterloo or London Bridge if that’s where you are having a pre match drink or meal.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience of getting the train away from The Den after an evening game? If so what's the chances of getting the 22:16 from South Bermondsey after our game on the 24th as if I can't get that one then I can't get home until the next morning. It seems that they quite often keep away fans in as well so this potentially complicates it further.

you’ll be fine, might even get the 2201 train.

;