missed opportunities

scotty62

Plastic
whilst I applaud eddie howe for what he has achieved surely he must see we still have weaknesses in this squad---why didn't we make a bid for shaqiri---14 million is a steal
And Danny ings on loan to saints to end of season with option to buy
We have at least 3 players who did well for us in lower leagues but will never be up to prem league standard--

Come on we got lerma and Brooks, how much more did you want us to spend?
Upfronts not a problem with king and wilson, or the wings. You can't predict injuries, how it's right sided defender we need

Shaqiri was obviously well out of wage range so that would’ve been a non starter. Ings plays in a position that wasn’t a priority for us.

I’m sure Eddie is aware of our weaknesses and looking at players to recruit. I’m also sure fans of other clubs look at some of our signings and think they missed an opportunity too.

I kind of happy for Shaquiri, he's played for some big teams and then had to do a couple of seasons at Stoke. He must be on cloud 9.

whilst I applaud eddie howe for what he has achieved surely he must see we still have weaknesses in this squad---why didn't we make a bid for shaqiri---14 million is a steal
And Danny ings on loan to saints to end of season with option to buy
We have at least 3 players who did well for us in lower leagues but will never be up to prem league standard--

Who are the 3 from the League One and Two that are still in the squad but not Premier League standard?

I'm also looking forward to the answer to this question....

I think what the OP meant to say was that we've 2 or 3 from the League one days that are now looking like they've reached their ceiling with us, and whilst they've been amazing servants, we really need to start to look beyond them, if we're to move forward... :)

If I had to name them, I'd go for Surman, Franno and Daniels...

IMO though, we had decent window this summer, however, recent weeks have highlighted once again, how big a job it is to rebuild a squad that has been so tight, for so long... I can see us getting 1 or 2 in this Jan, and then another couple of big hauls next summer...

Last edited:
I think what the OP meant to say was that we've 2 or 3 from the League one days that are now looking like they've reached their ceiling with us, and whilst they've been amazing servants, we really need to start to look beyond them, if we're to move forward... :)

From though, we had decent window this summer, however, recent weeks have highlighted once again, how big a job it is to rebuild a squad that has been so tight, for so long... I can see us getting 1 or 2 in this Jan, and then another couple of big hauls next summer...

Only if we sell Wilson.

IMO though, we had decent window this summer, however, recent weeks have highlighted once again, how big a job it is to rebuild a squad that has been so tight, for so long... I can see us getting 1 or 2 in this Jan, and then another couple of big hauls next summer...

Francis was having a very good season prior to yesterday, and I would say that Surman has been fine in his role over the past few games (didn't play much previously). Charlie ... that's a more difficult one to prop up. The second goal yesterday looked like he took the worst option - first touch inside instead of out, and then not just hoofing it away - and the third goal looked like he was lost in space. All these guys got us to our fourth year in the Premier League, no mistake. Time will come when they will be more suited for squad roles ..... Charlie has played a lot this season.

;