Monday Night Club

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
BBC Radio 5.

They will be discussing us tonight on the show including our bestie Chris Sutton.

The media have gone to town on you not winning yet and Gary O'Neil getting a good result or two in recent weeks after being under pressure himself .

Well said Chris Sutton tonight. Let's hope Gary gets the reception he deserves when he's back at Dean Court. Be careful what you wish for....

The media have gone to town on you not winning yet and Gary O'Neil getting a good result or two in recent weeks after being under pressure himself .
When we were in the lower leagues I'd dream of getting a mention on the TV or radio. The odd 2 minute soundbyte was something to get excited about every couple of years.

Now I just avoid it as it's all such lazy nonsense and I turn to alternative media for my analysis.

Well said Chris Sutton tonight. Let's hope Gary gets the reception he deserves when he's back at Dean Court. Be careful what you wish for....
Sutton doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

O’Neil did ok last season. That’s it. We beat the crap teams and the ones with either injuries to key players or who were going through catastrophic runs of form. That’s it. For the most part, any team with the slightest amount of organisation beat us.

If you genuinely believe we’d have been better off with O’Neil then that’s very odd. Iraola has made mistakes, but he’s been thrown under a bus by the recruitment team gambling on injured players and the fiasco with his assistant (while we’re on the subject, imagine that happening to a top 6 club, they’d be shouting about it from the rooftops). Hard to picture O’Neil coping any better in the same circumstances.

And then there’s his weird comment about ‘football snobbery’ - the only ‘snobbery’ that exists is morons like Sutton thinking that small clubs like us should know our place and not upset the apple cart by attempting an upgrade. Iraola came highly rated by many around Europe - maybe they’ll be proved right, maybe they won’t. But he deserves at the very least as much of a chance as O’Neil got.

As for the ‘reception he deserves’, he’s not Eddie Howe. The best he deserves is polite applause - that’s it.

Last edited:
I sung his name when I thought he was leaving following the win over Everton.

I however didn’t know this was giving him an endorsement to get the job on a permanent basis.
It wasn’t that reception that got him the permanent job by the sounds of it but other candidates turning us down mid-season.

As for indifference or mild applause, then that would be disappointing. Did a great job for us and would have been disaster to be relegated so soon. A lot of managers wouldn’t have kept us last season - especially many names suggested on this forum!

;