More Talk The Talk

quite agree with most of the comments
Its not just that we are losing we are getting leathered
no confidence lack of any tactical plan and at least 3 players just not giving their all
eddies excuses wearing a bit thin

Which particular players are not giving their all?

Which particular players are not giving their all?
Solanke, Wilson, King and Fraser have done no pressing or bullying of defenders this year at all (or in tiny doses against the top teams).

Billing hasn’t put it in (other than Chelsea) for a couple months.

On other intermittent games Stan, Lewis Cook, Danjuma and Rico have not looked like they have been intense in the slightest but we can maybe forgive Stan as first two games back.

Id say it’s only Lerma, Gosling, Stacey, Ake and Cook that can say they bust a gut all 90 mins.

We have always had players drop form but this is the first time they have dropped intensity and effort.

We have always had players drop form but this is the first time they have dropped intensity and effort.

Well Eddie has let on that many are playing whilst not fit.

I saw intensity and effort against Chelsea, Burnley and Arsenal..all within the last three weeks.

Brighton and West Ham have rocked us, I just felt that the players have tried so rigidly to stick with instructions they'e probably attempted to play their way out of this crisis. Its easier to pass a ball sideways than bust a gut. West Ham looked the turning point - we appeared collectively defeated.

Last edited:
Is this really the time for youngsters? Look what Villa did to a team from Liverpool's under 21s
Nail on the head. I'm not sure we should infict this lot on Kilkenny. Doesn't seem fair to the kid. Also I think we as fans are in danger of piling a lot of expectation on him and Surridge when more senior members of the squad don't seem to be arsed.

Nail on the head. I'm not sure we should infict this lot on Kilkenny. Doesn't seem fair to the kid. Also I think we as fans are in danger of piling a lot of expectation on him and Surridge when more senior members of the squad don't seem to be arsed.
So stick with a couple of walking wounded on the pitch when we have a couple of good youngsters,league matches I'm talking about,if you play injured players their injuries could get worse surely

It’s got to be worth starting Travers, Kilkenny, Dobre and Surridge tomorrow.
In the cup yeah. Would add Simpson to that and Junior needs minutes on the pitch. Brad Smith as well if possible as well as Surman if he is fit.

Well Eddie has let on that many are playing whilst not fit.

I saw intensity and effort against Chelsea, Burnley and Arsenal..all within the last three weeks.

Brighton and West Ham have rocked us, I just felt that the players have tried so rigidly to stick with instructions they'e probably attempted to play their way out of this crisis. Its easier to pass a ball sideways than bust a gut. West Ham looked the turning point - we appeared collectively defeated.

As others have said... if Stacey and King weren’t fit then losing them for one or two games and playing Simpson/Kilkenny was preferable than losing them for the key 6 weeks run of fixtures. If this is true, and I’m not sure it is, then how appalling management is that?

To your other point, I saw intensity v Chelsea yes but I didn’t see the intensity we are capable of v Burnley and Arsenal. I saw better performances and the players closer together and building some understanding but I didn’t see Wilson/King/ Fraser or whoever played hunting down their defence when chasing the ball.

Eddie in the Echo.

"I know who I am. I know how good I am. I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses. I’m not perfect. I’ve made mistakes, you try and learn from the mistakes.

"It’s a constant journey of that cycle of things when you’re in this job. All I can do is believe in myself, which I certainly do. Believe in my work, which I do.

We’ve always achieved our objectives here every season so that’s what we have to do again."

He added: "You’ve got to fight, you can’t quit, you’ve got to be motivated yourself to motivate other people.

"I’m more motivated I’ve said in recent weeks than I’ve ever been."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...otivated-ever-get-afc-bournemouth-back-track/

Eddie in the Echo.

"I know who I am. I know how good I am. I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses. I’m not perfect. I’ve made mistakes, you try and learn from the mistakes.

"It’s a constant journey of that cycle of things when you’re in this job. All I can do is believe in myself, which I certainly do. Believe in my work, which I do.

We’ve always achieved our objectives here every season so that’s what we have to do again."

He added: "You’ve got to fight, you can’t quit, you’ve got to be motivated yourself to motivate other people.

"I’m more motivated I’ve said in recent weeks than I’ve ever been."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...otivated-ever-get-afc-bournemouth-back-track/
Good stuff from Eddie.

Good stuff from Eddie.
Very honest. While we get down about our results it’s worth remembering how hard it must be for Eddie.

He is a fan which is unusual for a manager so not a mercenary happy to leave with a big pay off. He also is under the white heat of media spotlight pointing out his weaknesses which is a very new experience after lots of admiration. To top it off his future career direction is at stake having been a constant mention for top jobs in the past.

However bad we may feel some Sunday mornings you can multiply it by ten for Eddie.

Very honest. While we get down about our results it’s worth remembering how hard it must be for Eddie.

He is a fan which is unusual for a manager so not a mercenary happy to leave with a big pay off. He also is under the white heat of media spotlight pointing out his weaknesses which is a very new experience after lots of admiration. To top it off his future career direction is at stake having been a constant mention for top jobs in the past.

However bad we may feel some Sunday mornings you can multiply it by ten for Eddie.
This is why he needs more help, to take some of the responsibility off his shoulders......today we have a minute to take a minute to think of mental health...what Eddie's mental health is like ,who knows, but the stresses and strains are unbelievable for him.

This is why he needs more help, to take some of the responsibility off his shoulders......today we have a minute to take a minute to think of mental health...what Eddie's mental health is like ,who knows, but the stresses and strains are unbelievable for him.
A good director of football appointed by him and a coach. Agreed.

Director of Football. To do what? It has always seemed like an unecessary role to me.
There’s a reason most elite clubs have them I think. They work with the manager on who he wants to bring in, managing the network of scouts and targeting them, they oversee the strategic direction of the clubs with key appointments, do the financial stuff, negotiation with agents etc. There have been bad examples where the two clash but if the manager is involved in their selection( like CEO’s of companies appoint chairmen) the relationship can be very fruitful. It is standard practice throughout Europe and most PL clubs.
Eddie often talks about the hours he works and the effect on how often he sees his family. This total control thing has done him well but I feel he is now in an area where it is too much and the cracks are showing on and off the pitch.
Just my opinion but more interested in looking at causes than symptoms

;