MOTD

With the games on I was surprised they bothered at all !

No wonder Ashley Williams was dragged out - very much 2nd or 3rd string.

Watching the ‘handball’ by Dom…crazy to disallow that goal IMO…more body than arm or hand FFS
Football is dying…..
No one in their right mind would say that is handball, not deliberate, no movement towards the ball, both arms by his side, no advantage gained. VAR is killing the game, so is a ref who hasn't even got the balls to check the monitor to see if his original decision should be overturned. Clear and obvious yeah right.

No one in their right mind would say that is handball, not deliberate, no movement towards the ball, both arms by his side, no advantage gained. VAR is killing the game, so is a ref who hasn't even got the balls to check the monitor to see if his original decision should be overturned. Clear and obvious yeah right.

It's another one where they've amended the laws because they can rather than because there is any need to. They've removed the 'deliberate' requirement for this aspect of handball and therefore it would have been the same decision whether he went to the monitor or not. Why they felt the need to amend these laws is anyone's guess. It's as if they think there were too many goals in the game and that everyone would prefer if we retroactively searched for reasons to chalk them off after the event.

It's so depressing.

The thing that wound me up as much as the disallowed goal was their player being treated on the pitch and then just getting up and playing on.
Give the ref the benefit of doubt and him being a bit of a clown, he missed it but what are the linesmen for. They're totally not needed in the PL with the technology at hand these days.

The thing that wound me up as much as the disallowed goal was their player being treated on the pitch and then just getting up and playing on.
Give the ref the benefit of doubt and him being a bit of a clown, he missed it but what are the linesmen for. They're totally not needed in the PL with the technology at hand these days.

Law has changed so the player didn't need to go off.

Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:

a goalkeeper is injured
a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
players from the same team have collided and need attention
a severe injury has occurred
a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will be the kicker

Mind you, it seems to require the treatment to be completed 'quickly' for this to apply. Wtf does 'quickly' mean?

a goalkeeper is injured
a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly

Mind you, it seems to require the treatment to be completed 'quickly' for this to apply. Wtf does 'quickly' mean?
Another law that’s useful for being interpreted as the ref deems fit, depending on the clubs in question. Whether a big club / high profile manager needs a goal or is defending a lead? :)

a goalkeeper is injured

The more I watch this game, the less I know.

Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t remember a game where the ref has decided to go to the monitor to help make a decision in our favour. If I’m right surely that’s a bit strange. Cluck VAR!

To be fair they said we should have been 4 or 5 up at HT
To be fair. If Lineker, Richards and Keown earn fortunes as pundits on motd should they be given sight of the Laws of the Game beforehand about the foul (penalty) continuing in the box? If we had been Leicester, Man City or **************** maybe they would have felt obliged to complain about the decision. Or Shearer for Newcastle of course.

To be fair. If Lineker, Richards and Keown earn fortunes as pundits on motd should they be given sight of the Laws of the Game beforehand about the foul (penalty) continuing in the box? If we had been Leicester, Man City or **************** maybe they would have felt obliged to complain about the decision. Or Shearer for Newcastle of course.
Lineker did say it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

;