MOTD2

boxmoor123

Trialist
So just watching MOTD2 how on earth does the ref and VAR not see Perraud wrestle to to the ground Soucek in the penalty area yet Scott yesterday decides to penalise Lerma without VAR and gives a straight penalty for what he saw Lerma do - I give up yet again with poor refs and poor VAR……

It is frustrating.

The fact the ref didn't even check with VAR was the worst part.

These things even out over the season so we are told.

Yes Garbo.

The great thing about our second goal was that it didnt get pulled back for any infringement as it was a well worked goal, and clearly 'a goal'

VAR seems to allow refs and the guys presiding over it the opportunity to either chalk one off, or to create something out of nothing.

Doesnt seem to be working, or favour the small clubs.

Simply not working and should be scrapped.

But it wont, because it gives the top 6 clubs the opportunity to be vindicated if the ref makes an error, and he's scared enough to double check it, without being scrutinised later in the day.

Its clearly not a level playing field.

Last edited:
There is no excuse for these inconsistent decisions from pgmol match officials.

Well paid professionals should be getting better at their job not worse.

The players, fans and managers deserve to have the decisions explained by those making them

VAR is becoming too central to games and it should be trashed
I can tolerate poor refs..but poor refs at desks not doing their jobs is not what football is all about just let the game flow as it was meant to be!

I couldn’t agree more !!

I can’t believe that the little boy giving Saka the w@nker sign and obviously saying F off whilst his Mum does nothing hasn’t got a mention yet, the cameras stayed on him for ages. Classy folk

I was thinking of the blonde lady one place to the left but nothing to say that that lady isn’t his Mum

;