Moving on ... Chelsea game

langham

First Team
Tricky one for Eddie: he's pledged to put out a serious side after the Millwall cup debacle last season but who to include after today?

Willo was suggesting on Solent after the Liverpool game that we're certain to see youngsters for Chelsea. Who could come in? Simpson, Hyndman, Mahoney? Can we really experiment against Chelsea? Surely S Cook, Arter and Afobe are due a start?

Nervous about Wednesday - the worst possible outcome would be another stuffing like today's. The squad looks thin - but see ya all at Stamford Bridge.

We'll need to see about injuries as well; lots of players limping today and King and Daniels going off isn't good.

Yep - Hyndman, Mahoney etc in with S.Cook ,Arter,keep L.Cook in,
Simpson, and AFOBE! Its only the Mickey Mouse Cup! Could be a good indicator of those players worth to us short and long term against what may be a weak Chelsea. More bothered about PL survival than Uefa cup .Remember Wigan winning FA Cup and not coping in league, relegation the other prize!

A chance to make a major cup final for the 1st time in our history.
Just 4 games from Europe.

Ah well.

At least we won't have to worry about free kicks from Marcos Allonso as he is banned for this game.

A Wembley cup final and potential European adventures don't come along too often. I really hope we go for it.

I think that whoever we put out on the night, we should be determined to get a result. The League cup is surely a distraction to Chelsea. Get past this and closer to a big cup final at Wembley and Europe than we have ever been.

As they say today "What's not to like?"

I thought Chelsea would find this a distraction but as conte has given up on the title he may take this one seriously. December fixture list is ridiculous though so expect them to field some kids. Paucity of defensive options beginning to show now.

BORUC

SMITH (A)
SIMPSON
COOK
AKE

FRASER
HYNDMAN
ARTER
MAHONEY

MOUSSET
AFOBE

AKE as captain....think he'd fancy that?

And if we did get to Wembley - who gets the tickets? Harry and Jamie R, Souness, another Harry, and his big bruv Willy Windsor, Kate and Meggars Markle, trainfuls of Prawn Sangeroos, effing Murs, Trump and every other chump with wheelbarrows full of dosh! Shove it!

Maybe Fraser and Mahoney wing backs, Smith making way for Surman.
Don't worry Bill I would think even you could get a ticket when we get to the final.
You may have to sit next to Harry though. :lovers:

If we did get to the final... Who gets the tickets? ..Harry and Jamie, G.Souness, another Harry and big bruv Willy Windsor, Barbs Windsor, Olly effing Murs, train loads of Prawn Sangeroos, Trump if he's passing through, Princess Kate and 3 sprogs, Meggars Markle, the cast of Cats, NOT uncle Bill McGarry, anybody with wheelbarrows full of dosh, the England Cricket Ashes Chuckaway Squad and accompanying Doodah Singing minstrels...Shut up Bill your filling the stadium you boring old moaning monkey! Shove it. FA Cup rules OK!

I absolutely can't wait for this one. Not been able to go to the last couple of aways so I'm like a coiled spring for this one. Up there early on the beers with pals - probably won't even get let in.

Sod the doommongers - Up the Chezzers win lose or draw.

Sorry if I've upset any of you 'up for it' positive guys with your great support( I salute you for that). Great if we win at the Bridge but if I can make just one fan laugh with my nonsensical monologues in this Dark December Goal difference damaging days , I'm happy. Trying to get to Manchester for weekend if im recovered from suspected cracked rib( slipped onto lawn mower cutting wet grass(doh) .If I was at Wembley I'd sit next to you Boris.

;