Moving on ... Chelsea game

If Eddie could pull this off with say, Garbos ram raiders - Afobe ambush- Moussy mugs em! - then I would hope for a stop to this bitterness between some fans on here and in the crowd ( v Scousers).Its entertainment - NOT as Shankly idiotically said 'more important than life or death'. Just a great fun adventure for Boscombe fans still! Win,Lose or Draw!

We are unlikely to get anything out of Citeh away so maybe cut our losses and field a strong side tonight and weakened side on Saturday (assumimng players need rotating). That may be heresy but we stand more chance of a result tonight particularly if Conte is going to give his second string a run out. Who knows reverse psychology may give us a result in both matches. :emoticon:

Whatever happens I will have no voice left after tonight. These are games I spent 40 years dreaming of.

Hoof_It - 20/12/2017 13:53

We are unlikely to get anything out of Citeh away so maybe cut our losses and field a strong side tonight and weakened side on Saturday (assumimng players need rotating). That may be heresy but we stand more chance of a result tonight particularly if Conte is going to give his second string a run out. Who knows reverse psychology may give us a result in both matches. :emoticon:

Whatever happens I will have no voice left after tonight. These are games I spent 40 years dreaming of.

Certainly I would keep players fresh for West Ham and Everton rather than city. The only fear would be a weakened team at city could lose rather heavily!

Chelsea's likely line up according to tonight's Evening Standard:

Caballero
Azpilcueta Cahill Rudiger
Zappacosta Ampadu Drinkwater Kenedy
Willian Batshuayi Pedro

Alonso is suspended and Luiz injured.

EverHopeful - 20/12/2017 14:14

Chelsea's likely line up according to tonight's Evening Standard:

Caballero
Azpilcueta Cahill Rudiger
Zappacosta Ampadu Drinkwater Kenedy
Willian Batshuayi Pedro

Alonso is suspended and Luiz injured.

Still a pretty strong side. Midfield looks to be the weak area. Think I'd go for

-----------Boruc
Smith--Cook--Simpson--Ake
-----------Surman
-------Cook-------Arter
Mahoney---------------Fraser
------------Afobe

Afobe must be so hungry for it he could burst the net and eat the goalposts and if we put in 5 or 6 players relatively unknown to Chelsea, they will relish the opportunity to impress on this stage and could spring a surprise in the way that non- league sides occasionally do in cup games. No need to worry about goal difference in this one - so go for it!

No not Bristol City Lofty! They are playing as well as Bayern at present!- and would see it as a 'derby' where they would become Kings of the West.

;