Mr Andrew Windsor

There was a trafficking ring run by criminals. Given their social status there must be a lot of rich/ powerful/ famous people feeling a bit nervous right now. It's no different to the abuse in Rotherham and other places. Young women coerced, threatened and groomed into having sex (being raped) by men who have power over them.

Hope hes guilty, then assume he's innocent, all the while knowing he probably did it?

Hmmmmm... there can be no justice for any defendant when most people have the same prejudice as you.

You're misreading "Hope he's guilty"

I hope for his sake he's guilty, if he's innocent he's just had the rest of his life ruined by speculation and many peoples' hatred of the royals

'We' havent done anything, his mum has.

Given that he's said to be her favourite and often regarded as being over indulged by her majesty, I'd say she knows something we don't.

I'm happy to reserve judgement until he's had his day in court but his extensive efforts to make sure that doesn't happen don't look good.

Also, people who go on national telly and put their case to a relatively uncritical and deferential interviewer can't then complain when people talk about them.

I might have let slip at some point that I'm not a royalist but I don't agree with this. There's loads of reasons he wouldn't want to go to court and still be innocent. He's almost certainly been up to things that he wouldn't want in the public domain. He could be innocent but want to avoid these things coming out at all costs.

So far the only defence put up by his million pound lawyers are loopholes and technicalities. Hopefully for him he’s kept all his credit card receipts from Pizza Express.

The woman who has accused Prince Andrew of sexual assault has said she will "continue to expose the truth" and thanked the judge who rejected the royal's attempts to have the lawsuit thrown out.

Virginia Giuffre tweeted: "I'm pleased with Judge Kaplan's ruling yesterday that allows my case against Prince Andrew to go forward. I'm glad I will have the chance to continue to expose the truth & I am deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team.

"Their determination helps me seek justice from those who hurt me and so many others. My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law & must be held accountable.

Surely the same tenet applies with any accusation?

So why try and have the case thrown out of court if he knows he has nothing to worry about? It would just leave people thinking what if, not knowing one way or the other, which doesn’t look good.

She is trying to prove her case and he is denying it, the court will decide the outcome.

So why try and have the case thrown out of court if he knows he has nothing to worry about? It would just leave people thinking what if, not knowing one way or the other, which doesn’t look good.

She is trying to prove her case and he is denying it, the court will decide the outcome.

Perhaps he thinks he won't get a fair hearing in court?

I might have let slip at some point that I'm not a royalist but I don't agree with this. There's loads of reasons he wouldn't want to go to court and still be innocent. He's almost certainly been up to things that he wouldn't want in the public domain. He could be innocent but want to avoid these things coming out at all costs.
My point was that if he was innocent, there's no reason why he would have to give up his royal titles etc.

Indeed there are lots of reasons why he wouldn't want to go to court but a large number of them are bad.

My point was that if he was innocent, there's no reason why he would have to give up his royal titles etc.

Indeed there are lots of reasons why he wouldn't want to go to court but a large number of them are bad.

I don't know, the Royal Family is arguably publicly funded and depends on public opinion being in favour of it otherwise the plug will be pulled. Revelations about a playboy lifestyle will not do them any favours and they wouldn't want to be seen to be supporting it. That doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of wrongdoing in the eyes of a civil court.

Sexual preferences, kinky stuff, etc. all could come out - not illegal or actionable but not something the queen would want the royal family being associated with.

I don't know, the Royal Family is arguably publicly funded and depends on public opinion being in favour of it otherwise the plug will be pulled. Revelations about a playboy lifestyle will not do them any favours and they wouldn't want to be seen to be supporting it. That doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of wrongdoing in the eyes of a civil court.

Sexual preferences, kinky stuff, etc. all could come out - not illegal or actionable but not something the queen would want the royal family being associated with.
I think with Randy Andy most of that has been priced in for years.

I'm now a Republican too but I wouldn't see his antics as being reflective on Her Maj. It will be interesting to see in the next few years how (if) things change when we have King Charles on the throne.

;