Murray to Brighton - £3m

samtonio23

Plastic
Looks like recouping the fee spent on him:

Kaveh Solhekol ?@SkyKaveh 6m6 minutes ago
More
Glenn Murray loan from Bournemouth to Brighton close to becoming £3 million permanent deal

Recoups what we paid to Palace.
Excellent business considering that our negotiating position was so poor (Brighton already having him for the season).

northstandmark - 30/1/2017 16:16

Recoups what we paid to Palace.
Excellent business considering that our negotiating position was so poor (Brighton already having him for the season).

I've always assumed a permanent fee had already been negotiated at the point of the loan.

Without GM, Brighton would have no chance to join football's elite, and share the riches it brings .
I hope ALL of his wages from day 1 were recouped, and he cost us absolutely zero in nett monetary terms.
His potential value to Brighton is a share in hundreds of millions of pounds.

Will that put paid to their whining regards us buying promotion to the Premier League?

I doubt it, and no doubt he'll be on £500 a week to fit in their pay structure.!

Steve Afcb - 30/1/2017 16:56

Will that put paid to their whining regards us buying promotion to the Premier League?

I doubt it, and no doubt he'll be on £500 a week to fit in their pay structure.!

They're taking a punt like we did with Kenwyn Jones.

Spending a lump of cash on big wages to buy success.

Well it worked for us.............................................. :grin:

Ken Baileys Ghost - 30/1/2017 18:14

Steve Afcb - 30/1/2017 16:56

They're taking a punt like we did with Kenwyn Jones.

Spending a lump of cash on big wages to buy success.

Well it worked for us.............................................. :grin:

Kenwyne :lovers:

Pleased for Murray - liked him as a player, and of course he scored the goal in one of my most memorable away matches ever .... at Chelsea of course.

But then I'll never forget that afternoon at Ipswich either ...... KENWYN!!!!!

Deal completed.

For Brighton £3 million is a bargain as his goals for them this season are going to be worth millions if they get to the PL.

A rare good bit of business from us. He was obviously never coming back here, so they could have got him for peanuts if they'd waited until the summer.

Hang on, how can it be a good deal if Neill Blake had anything to do with it? It's like the Tomlin deal, we buy a player, stays for a season, doesn't fit in, we recoup our outlay. How am I supposed to get angry over that? We could be in danger of losing our tinpottiness : )

I think this highlights how difficult it is to recruit when first coming up from the Championship. Needing to take risks on players who may or may not fit in; in the hope they come good (Tomlin and Murray didn't, but King has done)

Now that we are starting to establish ourselves, I think EH taking more time in making sure he not only signs quality, but also players who can fit in with the culture

;