Must be early trains back to London tonight

Steve Afcb

Star Player
Seeing the way Old Trafford is emptying out. Like to congratulate the BBC for assisting in killing the FA cup televising this procession, no disrespect to Wigan, but why the fork was the Sutton game not televised.?

Because as the BBC have no Premier League football they are desperate to show any of the big 6 at every opportunity...

The FA cup used to have world wide appeal. The contempt that premier clubs have shown the FA Cup is sad and disappointing. Not the highlight of the football calendar it used to be

It also cheats the fans of lower division sides the chance to see the big name players. I remember the excitement I felt back in 1968 when we were drawn against a Liverpool team just reaching their peak. The chance to see players such as Roger Hunt (World Cup Winner), Ian St John, Tommy Smith etc. was quite something for the boy from the sticks.
There was not as much football on the telly then either so it was a real opportunity which is now denied this generation of youngsters.

Exactly, Sutton WERE televised.

But the BBC are just a Man U fan club, which is a shame as they really should be showing the best FA Cup ties each round, not just selecting Man U for their fan base alone. At least they got the Derby match selection correct I suppose.

fritter - 29/1/2017 18:54

What was the last man Utd fa cup game that wasn't televised?

Admittedly my source is the Mail but it's the 49th consecutive Man Utd game shown by the BBC the streak started in 12 years ago in 2005.

Kudos - 29/1/2017 20:41

Admittedly my source is the Mail but it's the 49th consecutive Man Utd game shown by the BBC the streak started in 12 years ago in 2005.

According to the Telegraph recently, today was the 56th in a row televised.

Kudos - 29/1/2017 20:41

According to the Telegraph recently, today was the 56th in a row televised.

Perhaps we need to rethink who we are blaming here.....

Gary Lineker ?@GaryLineker 7 minutes ago
Gary Lineker Retweeted Nick Harris
That is correct. After Lincoln won their replay we asked FA to change to Lincoln Brighton game. They refused.

Nick Harris @sportingintel
@mrdanwalker Is that right, Dan? The BBC asked the FA if you could screen Lincoln and it was the FA who requested Man Utd?

;