My 60th Season...

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
Just realised that this must be my 60th season starting today...when I think of all the other things and people that have passed in and out of my life since then. Mates, girlfriends, women, mum and dad, cars, jobs, houses, all the bits and pieces that make up a life.

But going down to Dean Court to watch Boscombe is the ONLY thing that's always been there constantly since I was 7 years old. Granted, some years the flame burned brighter than others, but it never went away.

And here I go again - just as excited and brimful of optimism as I was back then.

Up The Cherries.

The last I read on here you were looking for a ticket for the game.

Looks like you have now acquired one, so I hope you enjoy the game David and we will all be smiling at the end of the game this afternoon.

Surely all seasons can't be counted equally? Keeping the faith and continuing to follow during a Pulis year or Groves quarter season is surely worth four or five Howe seasons, which were a pure pleasure?

So, 60th season for sure. But not all seasons are made equal.

I cannot match that David but I have held a season ticket since the 90s when I returned from Uni. Its weird that excitement for a season can depend on all sorts of things, not all related to the team or league. Going through a tough period at the moment so that always diverts away from the football but at the same time, making it to the game gives you a break from whatever else is going on in life.

Nothing will ever quite match up to the Eddie seasons in the Prem but I must be honest, this year holds a lot more hope than last season did. If we get some memorable wins agaist big sides then I am all for the all out attack mentality. If you ask most of us what our memories of the last 5 year stay were, we dont talk about our league position, we talk about Liverpool 4-3, Man United at home or the many Chelsea results. Last season we stayed up but that season will be remembered in years to come for White Hart Lane.

Let us hope for many more of those memories this year.

Just the same hope as every year, attacking football, a laugh with mates, seeing a few of you around (including you David). Don’t really care what league we are in and where we end up next year as long as it’s been entertaining and we all make it to the start of next season in good health .

Pretty much this, as the years have gone by the football has become less important than seeing 'football friends'

I cannot match that David but I have held a season ticket since the 90s when I returned from Uni. Its weird that excitement for a season can depend on all sorts of things, not all related to the team or league. Going through a tough period at the moment so that always diverts away from the football but at the same time, making it to the game gives you a break from whatever else is going on in life.

Nothing will ever quite match up to the Eddie seasons in the Prem but I must be honest, this year holds a lot more hope than last season did. If we get some memorable wins agaist big sides then I am all for the all out attack mentality. If you ask most of us what our memories of the last 5 year stay were, we dont talk about our league position, we talk about Liverpool 4-3, Man United at home or the many Chelsea results. Last season we stayed up but that season will be remembered in years to come for White Hart Lane.

Let us hope for many more of those memories this year.
Yes. In tough years I’ve loved football more as it is an escape. Hope it’s a brief spell Druss.

Lightweight.

My first banning order was after I complained to Mr. J. C. Nutt. about the lack of signing a decent right half in 1902.

It seems you have been through more ups and downs with our club, than the all four leagues I have followed them in.

Had ST for 53 years now.

So when was your first game, who were the opponents and how long have you had your ST?

Look forward to seeing the reply, should be very interesting.

;)

;