Nat Phillips and Nunez

paul49

UTC Legend
Phillips started for Liverpool tonight. Klopp subbed him after an hour!

Nunez red carded for head butting. Will be suspended for our game.

No. Liverpool had already equalised.

Phillips was replaced by another defender. Gomez.

The 3 changes were already decided and ready as they scored the equaliser. The changes were all done for a change of system following the red card. Gomes is more versatile than Phillips.

If Klopp really does want to keep Phillips, then fine. But if he’s trying to increase his value by playing him, that may backfire. He was definitely at fault for the goal, Liverpool may end up in a position where nobody wants to buy him and that would be hard on Nat..

If Klopp really does want to keep Phillips, then fine. But if he’s trying to increase his value by playing him, that may backfire. He was definitely at fault for the goal, Liverpool may end up in a position where nobody wants to buy him and that would be hard on Nat..

It won’t be a case of playing him to increase his value. It’ll all be down to who is available.

This could be a similar situation to Woodman last year, where a deal was all set up but a parent club delays things due to changing circumstances.

There is no way that Klopp would play Phillips in the hope of increasing his value.

That's other people's job, not his.

His job is to play the best team he can, and there is no reason why he would field a player 'to increase his value' if he had something better at his disposal.

There is no way that Klopp would play Phillips in the hope of increasing his value.

His job is to play the best team he can, and there is no reason why he would field a player 'to increase his value' if he had something better at his disposal.

I wouldn't even bother trying to explain. People don't understand real football. They think the real world is just like playing fifa 23 on their ps5.

So please do explain yourself if you can.

Your view is much more FIFA 23 than mine.

You think Klopp would risk his managerial career, and place in the League, just to annoy AFCB, or forgive me if I am wrong.......did you mean something else?

Agree. He'd hype him up for value and play other games but not play him unless he had to. Chances are doing that would lower his value!

Yes, hopefully we can move on from Phillips....was what we wanted at the time, as we were familiar with him and he tried his best for the team and bought into the club ethos.

But for the price and wages, there surely must be better value out there?

A long ball team, perhaps Stoke and Burnley of the past, and Palace yesterday, could play onside in their half and expose Phillips lack of pace.

Looked a bit offside to me not having seen the replay, but AFCB unlikely to be hit with the 'long ball' but against Liverpool teams will go over the top, and Phillips will get exposed.

The more Klopp plays him, the more likely he will be exposed on the long balls.

Yes, hopefully we can move on from Phillips....was what we wanted at the time, as we were familiar with him and he tried his best for the team and bought into the club ethos.

But for the price and wages, there surely must be better value out there?

A long ball team, perhaps Stoke and Burnley of the past, and Palace yesterday, could play onside in their half and expose Phillips lack of pace.

Looked a bit offside to me not having seen the replay, but AFCB unlikely to be hit with the 'long ball' but against Liverpool teams will go over the top, and Phillips will get exposed.

The more Klopp plays him, the more likely he will be exposed on the long balls.

Phillips' boot was playing him onside.

Phillip's value and reputation were certainly done no favours last night.
Whether that makes any deal here more likely or less likely I'm not sure. But I am sure glad we've got Senesi in already.

Phillip's value and reputation were certainly done no favours last night.
Whether that makes any deal here more likely or less likely I'm not sure. But I am sure glad we've got Senesi in already.

To think Klopp played him to put him in the window may be a bit of a stretch.

Klopp surely would play his best team.

;