Neto

Quite a confident PL debut. Apart from one suicide pass out to I think Kelly he punched well and came out to meet the ball with purpose. I can’t remember him having to actually make a proper save though.

Quite a confident PL debut. Apart from one suicide pass out to I think Kelly he punched well and came out to meet the ball with purpose. I can’t remember him having to actually make a proper save though.
I was impressed with his long kicks though, they seemed pretty accurate on the whole in terms of reaching our player.

I was impressed with his long kicks though, they seemed pretty accurate on the whole in terms of reaching our player.
Apart from the fact that player was Billing every single time.

I half expected him to start hitting the ball towards the dug out when Billing was subbed.

Hahaha

But yeah decent passing. I guess that's part the reason he's played at clubs like Barca, want gk's to be very comfortable in possession.

A good decision to play him last night. Travis possibly just needed a time out to reset after conceding that many goals recently albeit not really any glaring errors that contributed. Nero would've been banging on the door for the opportunity and last night he took it with a commanding performance. Looks a thoroughly decent guy as well.
Only scary moments where when we persisted in tapping the ball around our area and goalmouth at goal kicks. Nailbiting moments!

A good decision to play him last night. Travis possibly just needed a time out to reset after conceding that many goals recently albeit not really any glaring errors that contributed. Nero would've been banging on the door for the opportunity and last night he took it with a commanding performance. Looks a thoroughly decent guy as well.
Only scary moments where when we persisted in tapping the ball around our area and goalmouth at goal kicks. Nailbiting moments!

Lol Nero. Not sure we'll see a lot more of Travers in the pl this season now.

Harsh as it is Neto probably is objectively the better all round keeper at present, plus wealth of experience.

Apart from the fact that player was Billing every single time.

I half expected him to start hitting the ball towards the dug out when Billing was subbed.

He did do that one time in the second half, but not sure if Billing was on or off the pitch at that moment, so you might be right. :grinning:

also not convinced on a few of his punches, verged on a flap a couple of times but assertive at least and wanted to command his 6 yard box

noticed he doesn't like a pass back to him on his left foot and ran around the path of the ball once 1st half to be able to kick with his right

I thought his punching was weak. Much prefer our own Mark Travers.
I agree, Travers has not deserved to be dropped, quite happy with him.
Parachuting Neto into last nights game was a risk I thought. Playing the ball around our box as we did was suicidal, he’s only been here 10 minutes, how can he be comfortable with that? He wouldn’t be anywhere near a starting place under a certain previous manager, Barcelona or not!
We got away with it last night, Neto did as well. I thought O’Neil had a Brain-Fart, thinking too much.

The one thing that bugged me the most was quite how slow and relaxed he was, I’m surprised he lasted an hour before he was booked.

Was listening to Surman and Willo on the way back from Dean Court, they were discussing the change of keepers last night and didn’t understand it.

They then were waiting for Kris Temple to interview Gary O’Neil and hear why Travers was on the bench and not in goal.

When the interview came Kris didn’t ask that question.

;