New EPOS Systems at AFCB

Earshot

First Team
Wonder if this is for the cheap seats (tills under stands) or just the Exec Boxes?

https://www.facebook.com/County-EPOS-Systems-154433251233652/

northstandmark - 28/7/2016 21:10

Card sales for that pie and pint under the NS?
Or more efficiently paying for another bottle of champers in the box?

Would be most effective in the former setting, take orders down the queue and let the servers simply serve rather than having to handle money as well

But yes it will likely be seen as expensive kit and used in the boxes instead, yet it would pay for itself much faster on the concourses, plus heavy duty tablet cases aren't that expensive

It's amazing when you think back to the 'old days', how they managed to get the football pink out to newsagents by about 6.30pm.
I'm sure the younger members on here are thinking WTF is he on about.

borisatha - 28/7/2016 23:04

It's amazing when you think back to the 'old days', how they managed to get the football pink out to newsagents by about 6.30pm.
I'm sure the younger members on here are thinking WTF is he on about.

Freddie Cox's on Charminster Road around 6-15. Always a queue of about 20 who had all been to the game.

blandford_cherry - 28/7/2016 21:48

Card payment under the concourses would be great

Yeah, that's really going to speed things up. :grin:

It's bad enough coping with people who look suprised when asked for money and then proceed to hunt for their purse, and go through it trying to find "the right money" (please note, those tills have change in them so don't waste yours and my time), it's even worse buggering about with a card and putting your pin number in just for an overpriced packet of crisps.

Don't even get me started on contactless payment, in about 5 years that'll be the answer; right now it's slowing tills up even more as daft old buggers of my age just get confused and end up trying to swipe their RAC membership card.

Is it that tricky to rememebr to take twenty quid to the game?

There's a bigger need for a bar coded ticket entry system to improve supporter entry to the stadium. Sorry turnstile operators but a bar coded entry system is progress. Even Pompey had this for the away fans.

paul49 - 29/7/2016 17:20

There's a bigger need for a bar coded ticket entry system to improve supporter entry to the stadium. Sorry turnstile operators but a bar coded entry system is progress. Even Pompey had this for the away fans.

Am I the only one on here that doesn't get the obsession with electronic gates? The speed increase is negligible. The only real benefit I can see is that season ticket holders could easily give up their seat without having to take the card to the TO.

Would mean that people could print their tickets at home instead of enduring a soul-destroying wait at the Ticket Office. If Forest Green Rovers can manage it I don't see why we can't.

From what I've heard, contactless is for the concourses to speed up half time beverage and food sales.

There's still obviously a lot wrong with our infrastructure off the pitch, but credit to the club on this one. Step in right direction.

AFCBfan - 29/7/2016 18:56

Would mean that people could print their tickets at home instead of enduring a soul-destroying wait at the Ticket Office. If Forest Green Rovers can manage it I don't see why we can't.

Good point. Still wouldn't say it's high on the list of priorities. I don't know how much the system costs and at the moment it probably only costs £100 plus a ticket each on a match day.

paul49 - 29/7/2016 14:20

My Man U ticket has a bar code on it - problem is there's a sticker on the bar code.

red_house - 29/7/2016 18:34

paul49 - 29/7/2016 14:20

My Man U ticket has a bar code on it - problem is there's a sticker on the bar code.

Well if it says anything like 'This is a dummy barcode, don't evacuate the stadium' they'll just ignore it.

;