New forum layout *mobile friendly*

New page so will add this again...

AFCB Vital are now running two versions of the website.

The new (and mobile friendly) version can be found on...

http://afcb.vitalfootball.co.uk

For now the current and original desktop version will remain on...

http://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk

After a while the aim is to have both URL's using the same design, but if people like using both options there's no true timeframe to phase the older design out.

SteveJonesLegend - 4/7/2017 09:41

Hi DJ... while still in Beta, are Vitals taking feedback still...?

First impression is that it is a vast improvement, however, if I was to be fussy, I would ask for slightly more definition between posts, as there is 'a lot' of white... Sometimes everything just looks merged into one...

But still looks and works great... :thumbsup:

PS. and why is the 'your active posts' link only on the main forums page as opposed to being at the top of our main forum as well... Surely navigation ease would make sense to just keep those 3 links in the header bar throughout...?

Just a quick update.

Desktop version will be tweaked to lessen the white with some grey.

The active post page will also be added to the main forum page in time too.

Bottom of p1 of this thread a bit mangled as (hopefully) following pic shows

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    75 bytes · Views: 0
JohnHold - 5/7/2017 22:33

Bottom of p1 of this thread a bit mangled as (hopefully) following pic shows

Thanks John, this is hopefully just the same issue that Gary found an example of.

It's the code on the old design blowing the template on quoting links. This is fixed on the new design and will be fixed on the old design soon, so going forward this issue will slowly disappear.

Now that everyone's had a few days to get used to it, how is everyone finding it?

Feel free to "like" and/or comment. :hihi:

Mobile is great, definite improvement.

My only comment on a PC perspective is the differentiation between threads in the forum root, and posts within a thread, are tricky. The thread list or a thread of posts kind of merges into one grey/white mass. For some reason on a small screen it doesn't feel such an issue. but on a large screen it's a lot of grey/white. But that's already been mentioned and a tweak coming so that's all good.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 6/7/2017 18:10

DJ - 6/7/2017 13:22

Now that everyone's had a few days to get used to it, how is everyone finding it?

I wasn't joking about the "This is s­hit" button. :grin:

What if you just assume everyone presses it when you post? Would that cover it? :snooty:

Probably unrelated but whilst on Chrome on Android, and also Chrome and IE on desktop if I click a link in here that's been truncated by the character per line limit, it's always appended with <div> or <d> I forget, but it's tied to the link so you get whatever 404 error the linked site wants to throw at you

I'm a Dev but not a webdev so this is all Greek to me, but hopefully I've said enough that it makes some sense to you guys

DJ - 6/7/2017 18:23

Ken Baileys Ghost - 6/7/2017 18:10

DJ - 6/7/2017 13:22

I wasn't joking about the "This is s­hit" button. :grin:

What if you just assume everyone presses it when you post? Would that cover it? :snooty:

I think most people do that already, I just wanted some kind of confirmation. :grin:

;