New Manager Thread

I was impressed by that too !
He said the players didn’t know what they could do to protect a lead, the correct way to go about it and take the pressure off themselves. He said that the players now have a better understanding of how to react in those situations and was actually intrigued to see how they would respond to the Everton goal at 2-1. He was pleased to see that the players reacted in the right way. It definitely seems as though the players have received extra coaching to address this specific problem and they seem to have taken it onboard. Time will tell but I was impressed by that and how openly he talked about what the coaching staff were doing to sort the problem.
A big part of it is mental, i.e. stay calm and don’t panic and then there are also things you can do to tactically to kill off the game. I found that interview to be very interesting and quite impressive.

fully agree / pointed out how liverpool panicked vs spurs last week

thing is GON is a very good coach and if he doesn’t get the job it will be to lose that intelligence eg way he moved smith to totally nullify madison was top class

fully agree / pointed out how liverpool panicked vs spurs last week

thing is GON is a very good coach and if he doesn’t get the job it will be to lose that intelligence eg way he moved smith to totally nullify madison was top class
Our loss, Luton's gain ?
Maybe he could be the man to drag them into the PL ?
I can understand why we might be looking elsewhere right now but I wouldn't rule out the board regretting that decision somewhere down the line.
That's why I am hoping that we are treating him well and that if he does end up leaving, he does so on good terms with AFCB. This is a bridge we really shouldn't be burning IMO.

Our loss, Luton's gain ?
Maybe he could be the man to drag them into the PL ?
I can understand why we might be looking elsewhere right now but I wouldn't rule out the board regretting that decision somewhere down the line.
That's why I am hoping that we are treating him well and that if he does end up leaving, he does so on good terms with AFCB. This is a bridge we really shouldn't be burning IMO.

I think GON will be a good manager .
He has the players on his side, steadied the ship well. He is still learning but has done well for us

O’Neil has made it pretty clear that he sees now as the right time to make it on his own.
Yeah I get that but it's early days for him and he could learn a lot by working with different coaches with different approaches. Parker and Bielsa are about as far apart as you can get.

Completely get that. But this might be the only chance he gets. His profile is unlikely to be as high as a 10 game stint in the Premier League again.
Need to take that chance at the right club. Not sure Luton is the right place for him

Just a thought but maybe the new manager is working during the world cup. Plenty of managers, coaches, ex-superstar players out there.

Ps it's not a wish of mine, just a ponderance, as I wait for the Ticket Office website to open : )

John Herdman. There's an out there name but one who has done excellently. Success as an international manager doesn't always translate to club level (and vice versa), but irrespective of how the tournament goes for Canada he's been very impressive up until now.

Bielsa could come as O'Neils assistant ..he might f√cking learn something . .has anyone considered that...
No..f√cking Elitism don't work like that does it ?

Who knows. Hopefully the board that have given us Tindall, Woodgate, Parker and O’Neill in just over 2 years have learned? Look, even I think they probably have because how couldn’t you?
Tindall was a joke.
Woodgate...I liked and got us to the play offs. (and was unlucky)
Parker... Done what he was bought in to do.
O'Neill...Very difficult to dislike the guy. Thrown into the deep end, but has us playing decent football, but lack of experience (not his fault) showing at times.

;