New Stadium Sites?

I believe all these proposed sites have nowhere near the transport infrastructure as KP.
Most have one or two routes in and out.
KP may only have two exits(could be three)but traffic quickly dissipates after each match.
E.g.it might take us ten/15 minutes to leave the car park in KP but once past the Sp
ringbourne junction it's a sail through to Kinson in ten minutes.
How does that stack up against such proposals as Canford or Matchams.
Why can you not take the bus for once?

Surely the Five Parks Act rules out the Queens Park golf course because it has to be kept as public open space and/or used for leisure activities such as jogging, tennis etc.

And I thought there were plans to build c. 800 houses on the Poole Power Station site in Hamworthy.
Those were my outsiders but there are reasons why I included them. The plans for the Power Station site keep stalling as the costs to clear the area keep increasing. A Stadium wouldn’t need the same level of clearing. However, access is poor and I really only mentioned it because of its size and potential availability. QP I included because it has the size, location is v v close to DC. Availability ? Last I heard the place was leaking money unsustainably. Ultimately- if that is not (has not been) addressed it will need to be either closed or reworked. There are precedents of 18 hole courses being reduced to 9 and the ‘surplus’ land redeveloped for leisure. The one that springs to mind is Dartford - where their new Stadium was built. Any Act can be overturned and it’s possible a new Stadium might be ok as a ‘Leisure facility‘ anyway. Still a long shot of course.

We 100% cannot and should not consider moving to a site in Poole… Poole have their own football team… We’re AFC Bournemouth and we should only consider options in Bournemouth…

I’d sooner see us stay at DC and do what we can with it than build a shiny new ground in Poole… and this has nothing to do with where our fan base resides … it’s to do with the origins and history of the club… Last time I looked we were not AFC BCP…
You’re sounding like it’s your money and your choice. It’s no good getting indignant about heritage and history if KP doesn’t meet the new guys aspirations we will move. The idea of this thread is surely to discuss ALL VIABLE options - not try to convince Foley that he HAS to stay in KP just ‘because’. I’ve already said several times I agree 100% about wanting to stay in KP but we dont know if Foleys plans can work there. I hope they can.

I love the traffic wardens amongst us.

Unless you can cycle, fly or get lifted to the ground with zero carbon footprint, then the new site is a failure.

Or, if it has a massive carpark, then they may consider driving.

Those were my outsiders but there are reasons why I included them. The plans for the Power Station site keep stalling as the costs to clear the area keep increasing. A Stadium wouldn’t need the same level of clearing. However, access is poor and I really only mentioned it because of its size and potential availability. QP I included because it has the size, location is v v close to DC. Availability ? Last I heard the place was leaking money unsustainably. Ultimately- if that is not (has not been) addressed it will need to be either closed or reworked. There are precedents of 18 hole courses being reduced to 9 and the ‘surplus’ land redeveloped for leisure. The one that springs to mind is Dartford - where their new Stadium was built. Any Act can be overturned and it’s possible a new Stadium might be ok as a ‘Leisure facility‘ anyway. Still a long shot of course.
What! Those poor golfers are having to give up half their holes for other leisure users!

You’re sounding like it’s your money and your choice. It’s no good getting indignant about heritage and history if KP doesn’t meet the new guys aspirations we will move. The idea of this thread is surely to discuss ALL VIABLE options - not try to convince Foley that he HAS to stay in KP just ‘because’. I’ve already said several times I agree 100% about wanting to stay in KP but we dont know if Foleys plans can work there. I hope they can.
Nope, fully support that it’s not my money and not my choice… Just expressing my opinions…

What! Those poor golfers are having to give up half their holes for other leisure users!
I wouldn't be sorry to be honest. I use the park regularly and some of the golfers are absolute a holes to other park users. It is a shared space, not just a golf course.

We 100% cannot and should not consider moving to a site in Poole… Poole have their own football team… We’re AFC Bournemouth and we should only consider options in Bournemouth…

I’d sooner see us stay at DC and do what we can with it than build a shiny new ground in Poole… and this has nothing to do with where our fan base resides … it’s to do with the origins and history of the club… Last time I looked we were not AFC BCP…

Cleethorpes have their own football team but it doesn't stop Grimsby playing there;)

In fact, given this news Poole could come the other way!

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...ans-ground-similar-cherries-vitality-stadium/

My choice would be off the side of A338 road, a couple of decent bridges so all the supporters to leave the increased capacity stadium more quickly than at present,
UTC

I’m just being selfish and kings park for me as I live within walking distance and if they moved else where I’d may have to drive to the ground

Buy the houses that back onto the north stand, sweetener obviously, Claim damn near all of their back yards and that's another side of the current stadium that could be expanded. Convert the bought houses to flats and sell on to recoup most of the purchase expenditure. That's three sides that could potentially become two tier. Plus, fill in the enlarged corners and east stand corners, 23,000 roughly. What could be done with the east stand?

Last edited:
Buy the houses that back onto the north stand, sweetener obviously, Claim damn near all of their back yards and that's another side of the current stadium that could be expanded. Convert the bought houses to flats and sell on to recoup most of the purchase expenditure. That's three sides that could potentially become two tier. Plus fill in the enlarged corners, 23,000 roughly. What could be done with the east stand?
Buy the 10 or so houses in Bishop Close, sweetener obviously and go two tiered

Buy the 10 or so houses in Bishop Close, sweetener obviously and go two tiered

Might be wrong, but think our club owned that land before it was sold for building on by a previous Chairman/owner. Was it the Directors‘ Car Park?

The same with those houses behind the East Stand.

;