Newcastle U v AFC Bournemouth

Today is the most seated* I have ever seen a Bournemouth away crowd. Probably not helped by the average age of the crowd being above 60.

*i realise this isn’t grammatically correct but can’t think of a better way of putting it.
So where were all the young 'uns then?

It's a shame we don"t set up more defensively away from home.

Mepham's height would be especially useful in a five at the back and surely we only need one forward whilst the game is still a draw!

The game: We started well and I thought they were there for the taking. Suddenly its misplaced passes across the back and we lost the momentum. We threw it away. Our forward line really doesnt look very impressive at the moment. Solanke was the only one who tried a shot in open play from outside the box. Possession counts for nothing if you dont score.

The fans: Here's a tip. Stop singing the "mind the gap" song until we're winning 7-0 with two minutes left! And as for the comment about the average age, I guess the millenials are too busy supporting 'their' teams on Twitter, TikTok or whatever. And I couldn't be bothered to stay to see the mutual applause at the end. Not sure the teams had done enough to warrant it. Still I'm sure the private jet back home made things better for them. Yeah, I'm still annoyed and grumpy!

The day: I think I'm getting too old for these trips! Up at 430, home at 0030 the next day, needing ibu-bloody-profen to ward off serious back ache. Not sure Burnley away looks that enticing. That said, Dorset Transport Services really do a great job getting us there and back and I'm glad the club do provide this. Hope to see the Good Lady and table at the Crystal Palace game as I'm driving to Spurs.

The moment we went 2-1 down we may as well have just headed home, we can’t break down a team that sits back on us, we just haven’t got it in us. Why this is the case is up for debate, I personally think it’s the flat lines we play and a lack of a true number 10 (or the lack of willingness to play players who are suited to this role in this position.) But whatever you think the reason is it is blindingly obvious we can’t break down a defence, we either counter or score from set pieces. It is a massive issue and along with our defensive vulnerabilities is what will stop us from being anything other than a team that should be glad just to stay in this league.

The problem with yesterday's game was the shocking defensive display of giving the ball away so, so badly. We were cruising and the only chances Newcastle were getting were from Smith and Cookie playing awfully.
The defence in the previous 4 games have impressed me, particularly Cook. However, yesterday may have been Smith and Cook's worst games for us in a long time.

Late to the thread but in fairness it should have done!!
Late to the thread also. If even one of those clear early chances is put away it is a different game altogether. Newcastle have to chase the game which would have meant Plan B for Steve Bruce - not relying on rapid counter attacks.
Small margins.

callum wilsons unpunished & little bit naughty foul, where he pushed lascelles into the keeper has resulted in the newcastle skipper being out for 7-8 weeks with a knee injury

Not sure Burnley away looks that enticing.

The far northern matches always seem to be dominated by oldies, many on a weekend.

I, for one, like taking in Burnley and having a weekend in Blackpool to avoid the early start and late back. That adds to the cost, of course. Expense and so many being in the gig economy might be a factor as to the drop off rate with distance for the young ones. Expect plenty at Spurs.

The far northern matches always seem to be dominated by oldies, many on a weekend.

I, for one, like taking in Burnley and having a weekend in Blackpool to avoid the early start and late back. That adds to the cost, of course. Expense and so many being in the gig economy might be a factor as to the drop off rate with distance for the young ones. Expect plenty at Spurs.
London area games tend to attract more of our younger lot. Perhaps partly because we have a London working/residing fanbase already there. Perhaps partly because the train is fairly easy to organise and not too far off, and generally better for enjoying yourself than long coach days?

We avoid overnights, doing every trip in a day. But we usually arrive 4 hours or more before KO, either to take in something touristy/cultural, or go for a good meal. So even if the football is crap, we have a good day out
Burnley is a struggle to find either

;