Newcastle u18s v AFCB

To be fair I bet it was freezing on Tyneside !
Maybe it's a generational thing.....I mean I can't recall seeing any kid wearing gloves whilst playing football when I was a lad....you would have got laughed at.
When I was a young apprentice the first thing I used to do when I went into the forge on a winter morning was to turn the gas forge on to warm my hands....my master would then come in and turn it off saying that he wasn't made of money and if I was cold I should try doing some work....it was a fair point tbf.

Maybe it's a generational thing.....I mean I can't recall seeing any kid wearing gloves whilst playing football when I was a lad....you would have got laughed at.
When I was a young apprentice the first thing I used to do when I went into the forge on a winter morning was to turn the gas forge on to warm my hands....my master would then come in and turn it off saying that he wasn't made of money and if I was cold I should try doing some work....it was a fair point tbf.
Good points.

I think youngsters see their prem heroes do it so copy - it’s just that many of their heroes come from warmer climates than England !

I love the comment from the Newcastle commentator that, at 5-0 down, Newcastle were looking brighter in the second half.

Only saw the last 10 minutes + injury time and it seemed to be the home team doing most of the attacking, but good defending and poor finishing denied them a goal.

The female commentator said that United had some good individual performances but Bournemouth were better as an organised team.

Very good result and some of these lads could be wearing a first team shirt in a few years.

Sting, Mark Knofler, Lighthouse Family, Dubstar, Maximo Park, Robson Green, PJ & Duncan, Cheryl Cole and all those reality TV clones from up there...

Your boys took a hell of a beating....

Last edited:
Fascinating to watch and a credit to both clubs. I noticed some well know patterns of play from both Newcastle and the new style Bournemouth.

do i spot stanislas and surman in that pic?
Great to see both of them involved with the youngsters.

Stanislas if not made of glass could have risen to the very top of the game.

There were times when he was fit for us that he oozed class..... before getting injured.

Probably one of the most talented players ever to have worn the AFCB shirt.

That time he injured himself attempting to take a free kick kind of let everyone know that he was injury prone.

If Stanislas can impart 10 per cent of his knowledge on to the youngsters, we'll have some bright players on the books.

;