Newcastle United Tickets

Despite the distance, this, surely, is going to sell out fast. The Eddie connection combined with the opportunity for a great weekend out will see to that. Look how many went to City, even knowing that the bookies gave us 40-1 against.

The first match up there (the 3-1 win), I have recorded that we took 3,100 and for the Steve Cook last minute goal, there were 1,600. Can anyone confirm or deny?

1,155 had better be only an initial allocation.
I was there in 2017 and the last-minute winner, but not in the godawful away enclosure. I was a few metres behind the dug-out towards the Gallowgate. What a great day out that was!Screenshot_20220815_152351_com.android.gallery3d.jpgScreenshot_20220815_152407_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I know you’re not one to pull in favours Rob but if our club aren’t prepared to help I’m sure Newcastle would be able to accommodate more.
Thank you. But in this case I want to make sure that the points criteria is applied fairly to wheelchair users.

Its either that or cheering our goals in the home section. ;-)

A race? AFCB to be cheered on by David Weir, Tanni Grey-Thompson and Hannah Cockroft at Newcastle then?

I know you're not being serious but my wife is very upset and annoyed about this. Imagine if the club set the first points level somewhere where they had 1500 people eligible to buy 1000 tickets. All those that had 20 or more points would be in competition with those on about 4. As it is, she's a scrappy internet connection away from not going, as is Rob, it's not much reward for all the effort and loyalty shown in previous years.

I know you're not being serious but my wife is very upset and annoyed about this. Imagine if the club set the first points level somewhere where they had 1500 people eligible to buy 1000 tickets. All those that had 20 or more points would be in competition with those on about 4. As it is, she's a scrappy internet connection away from not going, as is Rob, it's not much reward for all the effort and loyalty shown in previous years.

Yes I absolutely appreciate why she's pissed off. The points system just doesn't work if there aren't enough tickets to cover the first points threshold. They need to either get more disabled spots (obviously preferable) or set a different threshold for the disabled spots so that everyone eligible on the first on-sale date can get a ticket of they all want to go. That what we were told is supposed to happen.

Yes I absolutely appreciate why she's pissed off. The points system just doesn't work if there aren't enough tickets to cover the first points threshold. They need to either get more disabled spots (obviously preferable) or set a different threshold for the disabled spots so that everyone eligible on the first on-sale date can get a ticket of they all want to go. That what we were told is supposed to happen.
Thats certainly what happened a few seasons ago, after a considerable amount of persuasion. As @table says, its about parity.

Edit: Of course, the points may have been set correctly, but judging from experience, and the away games this season where points have been added, I am not convinced.

It would be good to get some reassurance on this.

Last edited:
Ticket insecurity is not something that loyal supporters are supposed to face.
The points system was supposed to reward those who attend matches regularly. Those who travel away are amongst the most loyal and spend a huge amount of time and money supporting AFCB.

Certain 5 disabled spots is not enough.
1,155 ordinary tickets would probably only see those with four or above points able to buy.
Given that the capacity of Dean Court does not allow for the supporter base to expand, travelling away to huge stadiums is the only way for fans to get on the points ladder. Are we squandering a chance here?

Thats certainly what happened a few seasons ago, after a considerable amount of persuasion. As @table says, its about parity.

Edit: Of course, the points may have been set correctly, but judging from experience, and the away games this season where points have been added, I am not convinced.

It would be good to get some reassurance on this.

Are you saying that disabled spots had a different threshold to general tickets in previous seasons?

Overall as we are back in the big boys league and the club have to pay for every ticket taken, but not perhaps sold, I can see “smaller” allocations all season. Apparently both City and Liverpool went to general sale.
There are a lot of factors on both sides but taking a view the economic climate will be a major factor for many people. Not many new grounds plus I suggest not many points to be gained on our travels.

I only have the word of a steward at the Ethiad on Saturday but apparently we had less than a thousand fans there. Certainly the queues for beverage were short.

Apparently both City and Liverpool went to general sale.

That Liverpool went to general sale should not be a mystery. Those seats right at the back are absolutely terrible. If it is hot day, even worse.

The ten- and four-pointers got the decent seats, leaving those who don't know how bad those seats are to take up the rest.

Even though Annfield is a favourite awayday of mine, if I were to be faced with no option but one of those restricted view seats, I would choose not to go.

Overall as we are back in the big boys league and the club have to pay for every ticket taken, but not perhaps sold, I can see “smaller” allocations all season. Apparently both City and Liverpool went to general sale.
There are a lot of factors on both sides but taking a view the economic climate will be a major factor for many people. Not many new grounds plus I suggest not many points to be gained on our travels.
As far as I'm aware most tickets to visiting clubs are sold on a sale or return basis.
I could be totally wrong and happy to be corrected but this is the logical and obvious way it works so if true then why the phuck do we not take the maximum allocation available?

Ticket insecurity is not something that loyal supporters are supposed to face.
The points system was supposed to reward those who attend matches regularly. Those who travel away are amongst the most loyal and spend a huge amount of time and money supporting AFCB.

Certain 5 disabled spots is not enough.
1,155 ordinary tickets would probably only see those with four or above points able to buy.
Given that the capacity of Dean Court does not allow for the supporter base to expand, travelling away to huge stadiums is the only way for fans to get on the points ladder. Are we squandering a chance here?
Yes

As far as I'm aware most tickets to visiting clubs are sold on a sale or return basis.
I could be totally wrong and happy to be corrected but this is the logical and obvious way it works so if true then why the phuck do we not take the maximum allocation available?

Only the first tranche are on a sale or return basis so if they request anything other than the smallest allocation they need to sell or the club will be out of pocket.

;