Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

If we are being critical he had two woeful shots and when we broke 3 v 3 he put the ball behind his intended team mate.

He is very good at harrying, and his intercepts and work rate are great.

It's almost puzzling as to how he has a complete inability to shoot with any form of accuracy.

He is a great player, but the shooting is just way off what it needs to be.

Sports psychologist needed perhaps?
It’s very strange because if you watch his Celtic highlights he scored a number of long range screamers. I get that the goal keeping is a much lower standard there but he at least showed an ability to hit the ball with pace and keep it on target, he just hasn’t demonstrated that at all here. His efforts either balloon over the bar or are so weak they are almost back passes. I really don’t understand

It’s very strange because if you watch his Celtic highlights he scored a number of long range screamers. I get that the goal keeping is a much lower standard there but he at least showed an ability to hit the ball with pace and keep it on target, he just hasn’t demonstrated that at all here. His efforts either balloon over the bar or are so weak they are almost back passes. I really don’t understand

We shouldn't be too critical of him as he really did leave it all out on the pitch.

It is however puzzling.

Purely psychological one would imagine.

This point shouldn’t be underestimated. Last time without Kelly we were embarrassed. Newcastle have spent a hell of a lot of money and will be expected to be there or there abouts around the European spots.

We showed real intent and defended very well. Neto brilliant.

Not many teams will get much from St James’s Park this season.

O Neil has certainly worked wonders so far

A HUGE shift from the team there, every one of them to a man ran themselves into the ground. That is all we want! Shame we couldn’t hang on but hey ho.

The penalty award by VAR was ridiculous having seen the replays. How can they possibly declare that a clear and obvious error? Looked like it bounced up off his knee and on to his arm at close range. While we are in this sh*t show of a league though we are just going to have to accept that incidents like this are going to occur unfortunately. Apparently it’s not enough to have one buffoon on the pitch refereeing, you have to have another buffoon sat in a room a hundred miles away randomly contradicting the first buffoon when it takes his fancy. And still managing to contrive to get to the wrong decision more often than not. It’s honestly so messed up it’s funny.

Please don't say 'to a man'

It's Parkeresque, and he has long been placed in the urinal of the old new stand.

The smell is still there, but long forgotten.

Hold on......I can still smell the New Stand urinals, some 40 years later.

No wonder people used to piss down a newspaper.

What I did notice during the game was that Howe changed tactics in the second half and overloaded our left flank defensively.

Zemura did a great job commanding that area, but more importantly Gary O'Neil didn't make a counter change to nullify Howes intent.

I really think that Gary O'Neil outwitted Eddie Howe tactically.

Kudos to the whole unit, from Gary, all the way down to the kit man.

Crawling along towards the Angel of the North. I really enjoyed that, as soon as the ref blew the final whistle : )

Great battling display, we seemed organised and commited. When Newcastle threw the kitchen sink at us, we had players lining up to head or kick it away : )

Phil Bill, proper enigma, sometimes Sunday league, sometimes genuinely Premier League, all in the same move. Then he teleports into the area for his goal : )

Thought it was a justified point. Neto showed why he started. Not a classic football match but a classic underdog away performance : )

Having played 4 of most pundits top 7 ( 3 away), we've got 8 points from 7 matches. Unless we have wretched luck, I can see us confounding the one thing every pundit agreed on, Bournemouth to be relegated: )

He did kind of propel his arm forward a bit didn't he?

Such a shame, as the Billing goal was worthy to win the match.

Billing does tend to score some classy goals.

Every other player on our team shins it into the keepers arms or over. He deserves a lot of credit for the finish

The epilogue.
Fraser got the reception he deserved ( personally I don't like the Fraser party one) Noticed he got hooked during the minutes applause, so we couldn't give him a big send off.

Very disappointed with their support, almost Emirates quality, not a famous atmosphere. Cherries on the other hand, loud and proud all the way : )

Eddie got as good a reception as we could give him, seeing as he was at work for his new employers : )

At least 7 wheelchair users up there today, remarkable for a club our size. It's the community stuff the club does, that I desperately hope the new owners continue
: )

Another poster met today, nice to meet you Bishop : )

That Angel of the North could do with a wire brush and a lick of paint: )

A really great point under the circumstances.
We put in a real shift and suddenly look so well organised with everyone behind the ball.
You have to choose your battles.
Today was not the day to go all gung-ho.
Concentrate, keep it tight, help each other out, try to score on the counter. The perfect plan executed perfectly. We set out to frustrate Newcastle and neutralise their superior quality. Realistically that was always going to be our best chance of getting something from the game. We scored a beautiful goal and the penalty was unfortunate but was bound to be given once VAR got involved.

O’Neil seems to be very astute and you can already see the improvement in our ability to defend as a team. We are now properly competing in matches, we will make most teams work for the points.
We have a proper shot at staying up as things stand IMO. We can compete, despite what Mr Cardigan said !

Great credit goes to all involved, players and staff.
Fantastic once again, 100% effort throughout.
:utc::utc::utc:

;