Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

Totally unfair. You cannot call him overrated when he doesn't get anywhere neat the England setup, and players like Henderson and Dier do. He is our only forward thinking central midfielder and was one of our best players last season and is going through a blip. He wasn't good against Man utd and he was dreadful today,however i'm certain once we sort out a fixed formation and playing style, he will certainly improve.

Perfectly reasonable to call him overrated imo....this isn't a 'blip' this is the player we have....I'd call him the new and not improved Andrew Surman if only he had an once of Surmans intelligence.
Its always the formations fault for him being average isn't it?

Something seriously wrong with PL football as a World viewing spectacle if a talented player like Brooks is targetted in that manner and they get away with it.

It's because he's English domestic, fairly young and lightweight. It happens every game, same with Fraser.

I'm genuinely amazed those two are able to play every week, they must have bruises on top of bruises on top of bruises. I guess it's credit to their professionalism and our medical staff.

Reflecting on the game, theres been an awful lot of criticism on here but not much (if any) mention of Cooks header that produced a great save and the the fact that we should have had a pen for the foul on Brooks - we weren't at our best by any means but, as has already been mentioned, this week and last we could've easily gained a point from each.
The injury situation isnt good but we've had a great start, no reason why we cant regain some of that form and get back amongst the points again

Reflecting on the game, theres been an awful lot of criticism on here but not much (if any) mention of Cooks header that produced a great save and the the fact that we should have had a pen for the foul on Brooks - we weren't at our best by any means but, as has already been mentioned, this week and last we could've easily gained a point from each.
The injury situation isnt good but we've had a great start, no reason why we cant regain some of that form and get back amongst the points again
Just watched the highlights... obviously not a wholly objective view of the game but we still managed to create a lot of openings - we weren't good enough on the day to make the final pass or take the chances and clearly didn't play well but I'd be more concerned if we'd created nothing. Plenty to work on of course, not least in the treatment room, so let's stay positive.

Watched the Newcastle game earlier.

The Brooks foul looked like a penalty, don’t think the Newcastle player touched the ball only Brooks leg.

David Provan thought it was a penalty.

He also thought Callum Wilson had a shout for a penalty in the second half after seeing the replay.

Two weeks to re group, Eddie and Jason will get to work on the team, a few of the fringe players will be looking to step up to the mark and away we again.
UTC

With 20 points in the bag Eddie has much more leeway this season to make bold or risky changes and bring in untested younger players and signings.
The new injury situation has further enforced that! So I would say that is more important for the longer term than whether we are 6th, 7th , 8th or 9th position. 10th is easily good enough in a period of big changes.

With 20 points in the bag Eddie has much more leeway this season to make bold or risky changes and bring in untested younger players and signings.
The new injury situation has further enforced that! So I would say that is more important for the longer term than whether we are 6th, 7th , 8th or 9th position. 10th is easily good enough in a period of big changes.
Unfortunately Eddie doesn't give our young players a chance as shown in our cup games. A few are on the bench, but they seem to have glue on their pants.

Steve Cook in the Echo.

Cook admitted Cherries had been “really poor” in the opening period and said sorry to Cherries supporters in attendance.

He told the Daily Echo: “I apologise to the fans because it’s such a long trip. We didn’t really give them anything to reward them for it.

“It was tough for them and I felt for them because it was a lot of money and they have travelled a long way. We hadn’t given them anything to cheer about.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...apologises-to-cherries-travelling-supporters/

Steve Cook in the Echo.

He told the Daily Echo: “I apologise to the fans because it’s such a long trip. We didn’t really give them anything to reward them for it.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...apologises-to-cherries-travelling-supporters/

While I appreciate Steve Cook's sentiments, it is worth reiterating that going to see a game in Newcastle is a reward in itself. It is a great place to be on match days. You get to mingle and chat with real football fans, even if there are times when you can't understand what they are saying. Tyneside is also a very good place for a weekend away. Don't let this result put you off going in future if you get the chance.

While I appreciate Steve Cook's sentiments, it is worth reiterating that going to see a game in Newcastle is a reward in itself. It is a great place to be on match days. You get to mingle and chat with real football fans, even if there are times when you can't understand what they are saying. Tyneside is also a very good place for a weekend away. Don't let this result put you off going in future if you get the chance.

Agree 100%, it is the best away trip in the PL by a mile. Newcastle itself is a great city with the football ground at the heart of it - they have never heard of home fans only pubs. And if you don't stay in Newcastle then York is only an hour away on the train (£8 return) and another good place for a w/end visit.

Was hoping to go up to Northumberland earlier this year and stay one week just below Newcastle and the second above.

It seems an area that is not really on the tourist route, they normally go West to the Lakes or carry on over the border into Scotland.

From what I have seen on TV and read about it, the area is very beautiful with numerous castles (if that’s your thing).

Also was going to take in Newcastle itself.

;