Nicolas Jackson

The issue is that the hamstring injury looked like it would keep him out until mid-March according to our doctors, whereas theirs said mid-Feb. Then there is the possibility of a recurrence, which often happens with hamstrings. Especially as he is also carrying a hip injury and so things are looking a little suspect in that area of his body right now.

The risk was he would barely play this season. He might not be a starter but you don't sign a player for £20m and not have him as an option on the bench.

Let's see if Semenyo is the replacement or if we go for someone else. The timing was interesting. Two bids knocked back for Semenyo and so we say we'll walk away from the deal. Later that day we bid for Jackson. Everything is going ahead until problems with his medical and only at that point do we go back in for Semenyo.

The way it played out, it looks a little like this was an either/or situation. However, it could just be a coincidence.

From what I'm reading even if his injury was as expected he wasn't starting against Brighton and that didn't bother us. Also where would he be playing? Ouattara on the right I assume, Anthony or Tav on the left, maybe Semenyo or Dembélé with Billing/Christie or whoever isn't on the left playing off Dom or Moore if Doms not fit.
More exciting options are great but if not fit butl good enough to buy and we have other new players competing by the time he's fit someone else might not be....hence my confusion If we're thinking he's a striker long term and going to be better than what we've got...

From a reality check perspective :
A £20 million asset not being operational - for a club in dire straights.
Or switching to a moral angle :
£20,000,000 could be used in other ways....with around 14 million folk in poverty on our Island according to recent figures.

£20,000,000 could be used in other ways....with around 14 million folk in poverty on our Island according to recent figures.
I get what you're saying, but the reality is that the £20m will never, and would never, go towards the cost of living crisis. It's an obscene amount of money when you step back from it, but it's the market that football is in now. The fact that we've pulled the plug when it appears he's not going to be fit is a shame, but it's the best thing.

The plugs will be pulled on MONEY one day in Football....it's got to be saturation point now...daftness in pursuit of meaningless fake silver pots.
Have a serious think about it....and see it in the light of the problems on our Planet..the problems of folk down the road from yourselves....or maybe a little further away from Elwood's and Chope's comfortable Tory enclaves !

Most of the players our numpty recruiters sign are bloody injured or are injury prone. Money madness....nonsensensical bollux !

The plugs will be pulled on MONEY one day in Football....it's got to be saturation point now...daftness in pursuit of meaningless fake silver pots.
Have a serious think about it....and see it in the light of the problems on our Planet..the problems of folk down the road from yourselves....or maybe a little further away from Elwood's and Chope's comfortable Tory enclaves !

Most of the players our numpty recruiters sign are bloody injured or are injury prone. Money madness....nonsensensical bollux !
The money will only disappear when fans here and worldwide stop paying SKY subs etc. And that is not going to happen. Do you ever watch football on pay channels at home, a friends house or down the pub, if so you are part of the so called problem.

I remember being at the ground stick money in buckets to help try top keep the club going, the amount of money involved in the club and players currently is crazy.

It's more what they thought was going to be the plan for Jackson I found odd.

The money will only disappear when fans here and worldwide stop paying SKY subs etc. And that is not going to happen. Do you ever watch football on pay channels at home, a friends house or down the pub, if so you are part of the so called problem.

You don't know what's 'going to happen' - anything can on this Planet...any time !

Yes occasionally I watch games in the pub.....so yes i'm part of the problem.

I was also part of the problem when the Buckets came out to rescue Boscombe and I willingly threw £20 quid in....and if it happened again the active cells in the soft section of my brain would probably propel me to repeat the act after filling my petrol tank and flying through Devon and Dorset like a demented pillock on magic mushrooms !
...but this time probably £50 due to inflation....or even £100 in return for a promise to change the operating name back to Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic FC.
Sorry to be so expansive in reply ...but with the guys not providing us with an FA Cup tie today...and no local games on....I need the entertainment and banter !

Last edited:
The issue is that the hamstring injury looked like it would keep him out until mid-March according to our doctors, whereas theirs said mid-Feb. Then there is the possibility of a recurrence, which often happens with hamstrings. Especially as he is also carrying a hip injury and so things are looking a little suspect in that area of his body right now.

The risk was he would barely play this season. He might not be a starter but you don't sign a player for £20m and not have him as an option on the bench.

Let's see if Semenyo is the replacement or if we go for someone else. The timing was interesting. Two bids knocked back for Semenyo and so we say we'll walk away from the deal. Later that day we bid for Jackson. Everything is going ahead until problems with his medical and only at that point do we go back in for Semenyo.

The way it played out, it looks a little like this was an either/or situation. However, it could just be a coincidence.

Semenyo looks interesting and seemed very keen to be here so that's promising. Jackson might be a revisit in the summer or maybe it was one of the two, shame for all involved mind.

I've been predicting it for years but it just keeps getting more bloated!

I struggle to understand why we pulled out of this deal specifically, yet signed players like Vina and Zabarnyi who were also injured with a similar time frame.

I like Semenyo and think he will come good but Jackson would be less of a risk due to already having performed at the top level?

I struggle to understand why we pulled out of this deal specifically, yet signed players like Vina and Zabarnyi who were also injured with a similar time frame.

I like Semenyo and think he will come good but Jackson would be less of a risk due to already having performed at the top level?
I'm not sure they realised zarbarnyi and vina were out for as long as they have been, plus we needed some instant impact upfront like Dango.

Traore's had a tough introduction to the PL and English life... I don't think I saw him more than once, where he gave the ball away for a Man City goal I think it was...?

I guess at last he'll be able to hit the ground running when back next season (assuming we are not going to see him again this season...)

;