Nicolas Jackson

All you can do is make what seems like the best decision at the time, which in our case was to pull out due to the medical. It's cringeworthy and lacking in self respect how we went back in for him, though. He clearly had the last laugh in this interaction. Good luck to him, just not against us please. That would be really embarrassing!

There are other strikers. Let's just hope we don't go for the self-serving Weghorst. He really upset the Burnley fans.
Why is it lacking in self respect?

We told him we didn't want him, and then went back in for him months later. That's embarrassing.

I know what you mean, but depends how the deal was broken off.

We may have said, we need someone now, and due to your injury/fitness tests, we can;t afford to take the risk, but we may revisit in the summer if all parties still interested? I wouldn;t say there was anything embarrassing about that, just comes down to business.

Obviously he may feel slightly afronted, let down, but thats down to the individual.

I know what you mean, but depends how the deal was broken off.

We may have said, we need someone now, and due to your injury/fitness tests, we can;t afford to take the risk, but we may revisit in the summer if all parties still interested? I wouldn;t say there was anything embarrassing about that, just comes down to business.

Obviously he may feel slightly afronted, let down, but thats down to the individual.

Well, if that was how things went, then that's less embarrassing I guess. Depends how it was handled. Anyway, he defied the odds and recovered sooner than expected, did very well and now has a lucrative deal with Chelsea. Good for him.

Seems according to this story Jackson is for the long term.

But for making an immediate impact for Chelsea this season could be this player.

Chelsea are edging closer to signing Nicolas Jackson from Villareal but are still keeping a close eye on the situation surrounding Victor Osimhen.

Yes, I'd have thought Osimhen is more the kind of striker Chelsea would be looking at.

Perhaps its some kind of false move, for Jackson, trying to get Victor Osimhen deal to progress.

Then again, they probably need 2 strikers anyway.

Chelsea have just signed a striker from Liepzig, for £52m, Nkunku.
I wonder if they're still interested in jackson

Chelsea have just signed a striker from Liepzig, for £52m, Nkunku.
I wonder if they're still interested in jackson
I think that was already agreed a while back so the approach for Jackson would be in addition I'd imagine.

Edit - might be imagining it was already agreed, can't find anything on it. Either way, they need more than one goals scorer.

Last edited:
Spoke with a Chelsea supporting friend yesterday and he said they see Jackson as a cheap bet for the future rather than one for right now.

I told him our clubs live in different worlds with different definitions of cheap...

;