Nicolas Jackson

Even if Jackson is doing OK with Chelsea, there is no way of knowing how he may or may not have performed with us. Why speculate?

As a side but perhaps related point, many players have one (and only one) golden period in their career. Where are Ibe, Mousset, King and Zemura, for example? There are, surely, many more.

To partly answer my own question, I found this about Mousset:-

"On 15 August 2022, Mousset signed a two-year contract with VfL Bochum in Germany.
In January 2023, Mousset was suspended from the team. He was loaned out to Nimes on 31 January.
On 9 January 2024, Mousset's contract with Bochum was terminated by mutual consent."

The £10 million we got from Sheffield United could be listed by the Serious Fraud Office as theft.
He had all the physical attributes necessary to become a top player but none of the mental ones.

I’ve not seen anything from Jackson to think we missed an opportunity.

Looks very average to me.

He’s young and he’s “in the right place at the right time” an awful lot.

I think he will come good. He’s having his first season in a new league as well. If he matched his xG like Solanke has this season, he’d have 16/17 goals and he seemingly doesn’t take penalties either.

Could easily be 20+ goals a season at some stage of his 8 year contract and if he’s not… feel free to repost it in a few years time and I’ll say I was wrong :)

If Hughes had his way he’d have been ours for 27m…

Another Long Island Ice Tea Richard….

If he had scored 20 plus goals this year, would you be on here laying the praise at Hughes feet or instead stating that it was down to the manager coaching bad players?

Seems like you flip flop between who gets the credit depending on if its Hughes or not.

I'd rather have both!!!

(he's better than Semenyo btw, imo).

Just think, we could have signed those 2 instead of Outarra and Traore... and still had change left over.
Ouattara had a big impact last season and gave us a bit more pace and power while Jackson was injured so not much help to us.

Clearly, Traore admittedly not worked…as yet.

As for Jackson, I like him as a player and would have been joining us with less pressure and in a more team environment than Chelsea. He may come good for Chelsea but his confidence must be low and fans on his back - like sterling - so hard to come back from this.

Maybe a cheeky bid in the summer worthwhile?

Ouattara had a big impact last season and gave us a bit more pace and power while Jackson was injured so not much help to us.

Clearly, Traore admittedly not worked…as yet.

As for Jackson, I like him as a player and would have been joining us with less pressure and in a more team environment than Chelsea. He may come good for Chelsea but his confidence must be low and fans on his back - like sterling - so hard to come back from this.

Maybe a cheeky bid in the summer worthwhile?

To be honest a contract that runs to summer 2031 must have both parties sweating.

Why would Jackson be sweating? Doubt Chelsea will hold him hostage if he's deemed surplus to requirements.
I suppose that's one way to look at it.

The other is that he joined a 22 year old and will end his contract as a 30 year old. Basically his whole career could pass him by.

I suppose that's one way to look at it.

The other is that he joined a 22 year old and will end his contract as a 30 year old. Basically his whole career could pass him by.

Cant see them doing that, or any clubs in this era really. What with ffp.

;