No message from the club?

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
I’m quite surprised there was no comment from the club yesterday/today following our fantastic promotion success, unless I’ve missed it.

I remember in 2015 there was a message from Max, and comments from/interviews with Mostyn too. Seems odd and a little underwhelming to me.

I don't think the club are likely to communicate much about this second amazing promotion to the PL...because I fear they dont actually have much idea of how they are going to handle it...with the obvious incoming questions over the ground and training facilities...
Is Max actually very interested in the Football ?...or is this just a financial 'toy' as such...a sort of oligarchs 'fashion' thing !

Its all a bit strange..albeit its given us some unparalled joyous times in the last decade !

I don't think the club are likely to communicate much about this second amazing promotion to the PL...because I fear they dont actually have much idea of how they are going to handle it...with the obvious incoming questions over the ground and training facilities...
Is Max actually very interested in the Football ?...or is this just a financial 'toy' as such...a sort of oligarchs 'fashion' thing !

Its all a bit strange..albeit its given us some unparalled joyous times in the last decade !
Well he’s thrown a lot of money at his toy and let people get on with it. Perhaps you could advise him?

Well he’s thrown a lot of money at his toy and let people get on with it. Perhaps you could advise him?

'let people get on with it'....hoping they make the right decisions....you would imagine he would monitor it quite closely
if he wants continuing progress ..and assuming he was more interested in the Football outcomes and not just chancing his Money, one of several projects he probably has.
But...I'm happy with everything he has facilitated so far....he is as much a Legend as E.Howe...in the Cherries History...and as You and the Table's are among the Support.

It would be a bonus I guess if the Communication with the Fans was a lot sharper ....in particular for the long standing and indefatigable Legendary ones !

Whatever Jeff said with all that, and what had happened on Tuesday....it was probably almost totally eclipsed before that with the good news from David Brooks !

The existing squad should be able to test themselves against the best for half a season at least..they deserve that...and its the reason Promotion was conceived in the early days of Football Leagues....as was Relegation to match failed teams to a more appropriate level for their skills.
In January, if some have shown they cannot compete anywhere near good enough...then replace with better..
...its so simple...half a season should enough to adjust..or not.
If they haven't made the grade...they can try again at Norwich...or maybe Leeds or Forest.

So ST prices remaining frozen from what JM said?

Thought he might have addressed the majority of fans after the Millwall game, he was on the pitch.

Last edited:
The existing squad should be able to test themselves against the best for half a season at least..they deserve that...and its the reason Promotion was conceived in the early days of Football Leagues....as was Relegation to match failed teams to a more appropriate level for their skills.
In January, if some have shown they cannot compete anywhere near good enough...then replace with better..
...its so simple...half a season should enough to adjust..or not.
If they haven't made the grade...they can try again at Norwich...or maybe Leeds or Forest.

January historically is a more difficult window as 90% of clubs won't be feeling confident about meeting their ambitions and often the targets players who are performing well and have bedded themselves into the starting 11.

I'd be prepared for this team, with replacements for the loanees and expired contracts, along with Parker to be given the full season to stay up and a further season to recover if they fail.

January historically is a more difficult window as 90% of clubs won't be feeling confident about meeting their ambitions and often the targets players who are performing well and have bedded themselves into the starting 11.

I'd be prepared for this team, with replacements for the loanees and expired contracts, along with Parker to be given the full season to stay up and a further season to recover if they fail.
Exactly right. To have the best chance get your transfer business done early, get the whole squad in for full pre season and be ready for 6 August. January is not the best time to do business unless you have an injury crisis like we had in our first PL season with Wilson and Gradel out for the rest of the season and King injured meaning we had to sign Afobe.
The other thing to remember is that this season is almost 2 seasons with a 6 week break in Nov/Dec. Remember how we really screwed up in our relegation season when we came back after that long COVID break. I don't know how EH had prepared the team but we were not ready. We must not repeat that.

Exactly right. To have the best chance get your transfer business done early, get the whole squad in for full pre season and be ready for 6 August. January is not the best time to do business unless you have an injury crisis like we had in our first PL season with Wilson and Gradel out for the rest of the season and King injured meaning we had to sign Afobe.
The other thing to remember is that this season is almost 2 seasons with a 6 week break in Nov/Dec. Remember how we really screwed up in our relegation season when we came back after that long COVID break. I don't know how EH had prepared the team but we were not ready. We must not repeat that.

Was wondering if the mid-season break was exactly half way in terms of games. Seems to be after 16 games so a bigger second half. Resumes boxing day so no traditional pre Christmas trip to West London.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2264107

;