No money to strengthen

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
As first confirmed by me a couple of days ago (to much mockery,) JT confirms in an interview in the echo today that there is no money to spend in January. You’re welcome.

Tbh in case you hadn't noticed pretty much ALL businesses are suffering at the moment and you can be sure that we won't be the only football club looking to not spend unless strictly necessary. It comes as no surprise to me whatsoever but thanks for pointing it out, whenever that was !

If JT gets everything out of the players he has at his disposal right now, we will be promoted. THAT is JT's challenge. If he can get 100% out of the players we have now, we really should be promoted. Injuries could derail us but that can happen to any team and wouldn't be JT's fault should it happen.

I really don't see why you would think we would be looking to buy players in January, considering all of the circumstances.

Our objective in the January window will be to keep the players we have here and committed to the promotion cause. That will have been "good business" imo !

Hardly going to shout from the rooftops that he’s got money burning a hole in his pocket and make everyone bump their prices up.

Also doesn’t take an accounting genius to work out where clubs currently sit financially considering the current climate.

So you’re glad about this?
I’m glad that Max has prioritised using the parachute payments and incoming transfer fees to pay the loans that were owing to himself and leave a bit of contingency cash in the bank during these uncertain times, as apposed to using it for short term on the pitch success yes. And you should be too.

As first confirmed by me a couple of days ago (to much mockery,) JT confirms in an interview in the echo today that there is no money to spend in January. You’re welcome.
Meh this is old news.....i'd be more interested if (as you're the resident West Ham super fan) you gave us some info on West Hams transfer plans regarding Josh King......tia

Meh this is old news.....i'd be more interested if (as you're the resident West Ham super fan) you gave us some info on West Hams transfer plans regarding Josh King......tia
Yes, what happens re Josh, West Ham or otherwise is where it all starts.

Once that fee is in and salary saved, there might just be money which he is right that he doesn't have today.

Whether JT needs to spend any only hindsight will answer. My view is that more likely we'll review where we are after next 4 games, including whether we are in the cup.

More likely there will be a fair few loans from PL to EFL, we just need to make sure are in the running if anyone decent becomes available, rather than picking up the CCVs of this world.

Preface to say hopefully if King leaves we can replace him

Do we necessarily need to spend any money in Jan? We are in a good position, the squad have been rotated nicely, have a couple of players to come back in Jan. Our super star want away striker although still with us hasn't been missed. A good showing from the young players when given their chance. Other than the direst of injury crises - do we need to bring anyone in?

;