NON - 30,000 away fans

I would expect they didn't have rail bus replacement services or single lane traffic going in to Berlin.

Absolutely, when going to a game could be a spontaneous thing - just turn up, pay your couple of quid and you were in. These days, it's more like organising a special birthday treat - detailed planning required, weeks in advance.
You're quite right.

Back in the day on a Saturday morning I might decide to go away to, say Wycombe, on a whim with no planning or ticket or anything.

Just get the train to Waterloo, then Marylebone to Wycombe and walk to Adams Park and pay on the gate.

If I was lucky Bournemouth were playing there that day.

And you try and tell the young people of today that.....

Imagine H&S if our games had that sort of atmosphere. I bet it all kicked-off when they blasted out 'Sweet Caroline', and the excitement reached fever pitch.

You're quite right.

Back in the day on a Saturday morning I might decide to go away to, say Wycombe, on a whim with no planning or ticket or anything.

Just get the train to Waterloo, then Marylebone to Wycombe and walk to Adams Park and pay on the gate.

If I was lucky Bournemouth were playing there that day.

And you try and tell the young people of today that.....

Seems you still can.

Tickets for most games can be purchased on arrival, unless specified in advance on the clubs' websites.

Head to Ticket Office 1 to buy your ticket, or collect pre-booked tickets from the blue collection booth outside Ticket Office 1. You can also pay by card or cash on the away turnstile.

Away fans are accommodated in the Lords Builders Merchants Stand behind one goal, with a total capacity of 1,800 seats. These are all under cover, with no restricted views.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/fans/away-fans-guide/

Seems you still can.

Tickets for most games can be purchased on arrival, unless specified in advance on the clubs' websites.

Head to Ticket Office 1 to buy your ticket, or collect pre-booked tickets from the blue collection booth outside Ticket Office 1. You can also pay by card or cash on the away turnstile.

Away fans are accommodated in the Lords Builders Merchants Stand behind one goal, with a total capacity of 1,800 seats. These are all under cover, with no restricted views.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/fans/away-fans-guide/
Sounds like a plan.

Dresden is a membership club with 23,000 members, makes our efforts to build a membership club really tinpot. They are really committed and as today as a holiday in Dresden then plenty of time to get over the hangover.

;