Non..A nasty night

wingsnwheels

Star Player
Last night my Son's house in Christchurch caught fire and the upper floor was burnt out (structure not damaged apart from windows popping) every thing on that floor was destroyed, TV melted etc. The saddest thing of all was that their dog was asleep on one of the beds and never woke up, but showed no sign of the fire. The ground floor is relatively untouched.
The cause was his wife had bought some cheap disposable vapes and left one on a bed when they went shopping. A vape like that should not be sold as it shouldn't be possible for the coil to heat without a button press! Fortunately they have good insurance cover but that doesn't bring the poor dog back.

Sorry to hear this wings, not good at all
So much cheap crap around, alongside vapes you can add cheap iphone chargers etc(one went bang when plugged in and took out an Operations building at work once, note it wasnt mine)

Sad and bad event...losing the poor dog for the sake of a cheap gadget - thankfully no human tragedy with this occurrence.
We still import much cheap rubbish from foreign sources....no British Standard applied !

Hope you're coping ok wingsnwheels.

Lithium in any form is highly flammable when the wrong current goes through it.

Sorry to hear about the dog.

Best wishes to you and your family.

How awful. So pleased to hear your son and daughter-in-law are ok, other than for their material loss, but very very sorry to hear about their dog, it must be very difficult for them. What a tragic way to go.

So sorry to hear this sad news. Obviosly I'm glad to hear that no human life was lost or injured, althogh tramatised by the event i'm sure. As a dog owner myself they must be comforted that, by your accounts the dog, their friend, passed in his sleep.

So sorry to read this. Condolences for the dog, as a dog owner / lover myself I know how heart breaking it is to lose your pet in any circumstances, let alone in a traumatic event like this.
I suppose their only comfort is it could have been worse and at least your son and daughter in law are okay.

;