Non - Agglestone Rock

billythekid

UTC Legend
Does anyone know the nearest place to park to get to this rock?

Is there a nearer place than Middle Beach car park?

Walked from the Bankes Arms car park yesterday to Old Harry Rocks, is the walk similar to Agglestone re hilly?

I think on Wadmore Lane, off Ferry Road in Studland village is probably the easiest - u might need to check parking resrictions, few years since I've been there

Screenshot_20220323-131217~2.png

Last edited:
I think on Wadmore Lane, off Ferry Road in Studland village is probably the easiest - u might need to check parking resrictions, few years since I've been there

Thanks, looked at that lane but couldn’t find anything about parking.

Saw another site that mentioned parking three quarters of a mile on side of road from the ferry and there is a sign to Godlingston Heath and from directions just over a mile from there.

Saw another site that mentioned parking three quarters of a mile on side of road from the ferry and there is a sign to Godlingston Heath and from directions just over a mile from there.

I'm reliably informed u can park there, but its quite bumpy (wadmore lane I mean)

We used to park on the ferry road and walk the dogs across the heathland. It sounds like it's the spot you're talking about. The walk is fairly level except as you get nearer the rock. Mostly sand and dirt trails which are easy to follow. You get a lot of off road cyclists using it.

I see you don’t want us mainlanders over there in your beautiful Purbeck area. ;)

Billy, the Agglestone is, according to Google, two miles from me.

I've not been there for 40 years. :grinning:

I'm leaving it to you grockles.

I'm sure you'll find it easily enough, just follow the trail of empty drinks bottles and discarded crisp packets.

As it's been fairly dry for a few days on the heath, don't forget to take a portable barbeque as well.

Billy, the Agglestone is, according to Google, two miles from me.

I've not been there for 40 years. :grinning:

I'm leaving it to you grockles.

I'm sure you'll find it easily enough, just follow the trail of empty drinks bottles and discarded crisp packets.

As it's been fairly dry for a few days on the heath, don't forget to take a portable barbeque as well.

According to Google it's ten miles from me and I've never heard of it. Before I opened the thread I thought Billy was now giving greyhound racing tips.

;