Non- another hero gone

So sorry for your loss UC.
Many similarities to when I lost my Dad, ex forces, not an AFCB fan(Pompey and Arsenal) but like yours, took me to my first game at DC.
All the best in the coming days, tough times but raise a glass

My dad died nearly three years ago. Coincidentally, it was just about the time that I found the Cherries. I'm sure you are hurting now, but I promise that you will think about him just about every day, relive the good moments, and tell stories about him to new-found friends .... just like you have done here. You got to share many important events in your life, and when you think of those, he will be with you.

Best to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories at such a sad time.

My dad was of the same generation and served in Normandy, Belgium and Germany followed by a stint in Palestine before he was demobbed. My mum carried on working as a wages clerk at the heavily bombed Vosper Thornycroft shipyard in Southampton throughout the Blitz. So it wasn’t just the men who showed great fortitude.

We quite literally owe that generation our freedom. RIP to them all.
The best of the best , all of them .

His Spirit will still be Here....Guarding our Freedom...that which he helped to secure.

My dad was in Egypt too.....an International Break they didnt want...but they had to go!
For us.

RIP.

Very sorry for your loss.....but he sounded like a great man and had a good life....and as you say, a hero too....guess we would all like to live that long and fully experience life along the way.

;