Non-Anyone have an update on AlGard?

Hope he is alright.

Have I missed something.

Should we be getting updates, or are you just concerned as he hasn't posted in a bit?

I very much wish Al Gard all the best.

He will always have my admiration for being one of the early ones, possibly the first person, to rumble the odious plan of Keith Agar to take over the club. The photocopier salesman, Marc Jackson, may have had the most laughable intentions, but Agar’s little scheme to bankrupt the club, restart as a phoenix and line his own pocket was truly despicable.

Al rumbled it when the onion (Agar christened it the Union) was formed. For most of the rest of us, we didn't get the picture until Agar started posting nonsense under the pseudonym of Yogi Bear.

Well done Al and thanks.

I very much wish Al Gard all the best.

He will always have my admiration for being one of the early ones, possibly the first person, to rumble the odious plan of Keith Agar to take over the club. The photocopier salesman, Marc Jackson, may have had the most laughable intentions, but Agar’s little scheme to bankrupt the club, restart as a phoenix and line his own pocket was truly despicable.

Al rumbled it when the onion (Agar christened it the Union) was formed. For most of the rest of us, we didn't get the picture until Agar started posting nonsense under the pseudonym of Yogi Bear.

Well done Al and thanks.
There’s a hell of a lot more to the Agar story and the Onion Erik. The guy was clearly a toxic information trader and was offering inducements to people (mainly in the way of roles within the Club). He was rumbled from the very outset by some whilst others took a while to catch on. There are several books that could be written about those times and the Savi Baker era.

There’s a hell of a lot more to the Agar story and the Onion Erik. The guy was clearly a toxic information trader and was offering inducements to people (mainly in the way of roles within the Club). He was rumbled from the very outset by some whilst others took a while to catch on. There are several books that could be written about those times and the Savi Baker era.

I agree. It's a fascinating period of our history that newer supporters may not know. Even people who were around at the time may be unaware of some of the shenanigans. But that is for another place and time. This thread is about Al and a chance for all of us to give him our best.

;