Non... Anyone know a bookbinder?

wingsnwheels

Star Player
Looking for a reliable person to do repairs to my Wife's family Bible. It's heavy so needs to be local to Bournemouth please.

The closest I can get lives in Devon now known as Elkie Brooks. Fantastic singer.

I know that is disrespectful for a bible thread.

Ex pupils from Bournemouth grammar school in 70s/80s are surely all experts. Seemed to go on for ever with Mr (cant remember his name, was it Neate?) He also did Navy CCF if that gives a clue to anyone who can confirm his name

Ex pupils from Bournemouth grammar school in 70s/80s are surely all experts. Seemed to go on for ever with Mr (cant remember his name, was it Neate?) He also did Navy CCF if that gives a clue to anyone who can confirm his name
Neame. Affectionately known as Nemo.

this has been one of my favourite threads of the season!

:utc:

Aah the memories, I did bookbinding with him, a little guy who used to stand there resplendent in his CCF Naval Uniform, and while we're there, how about Wing Commander Sefton, who we had for technical drawing, and poor old Lodge who rumour had it spent all of WW2 in Japanese PoW camps, and finally that guy who became an AFCB director, I think he did Army CCF.

Aah the memories, I did bookbinding with him, a little guy who used to stand there resplendent in his CCF Naval Uniform, and while we're there, how about Wing Commander Sefton, who we had for technical drawing, and poor old Lodge who rumour had it spent all of WW2 in Japanese PoW camps, and finally that guy who became an AFCB director, I think he did Army CCF.
Colin Legge.

Erudite post of the year by Wellsworld. :clap:

Fokker is not only in the OED, but the first attribution was from Aeroplane magazine in 1913 “The first successful flying of ... the ‘Fokker’ in Germany.”

Last edited:
been called many things over the years, but never that! to prove the point... had to look it up :unsure:

;