Non - Bale Really?

...it would seem that Gareth Bale is motivated by money and not really career recognition at this time?....not that I would probably turn down 1 million a week to run a burger van (a reference to my current job!)

It does show that recent trend is that power is returning to the clubs. If the manager wants you out you are out! 5 years ago the likes of Maguire, Neymar and even Fraser would get their moves. Clubs can now hold out for transfer fees even more absurd than the wages themselves.

Seems like his chance has gone.

BALE READY TO MOVE TO CHINA'

Jonathan Barnett has told Sky Sports News that Gareth Baleand his family were ready to leave Madrid and join Jiangsu Suning – and that reports claiming Bale’s family stopped the deal are “completely false.”

“Any stories suggesting that Gareth or his family were the reason the deal did not take place are completely false,” said Barnett.

Marca reported yesterday that Bale's family blocked the move to China, telling his representatives to look for clubs in Europe.

Other reports suggest Real President Florentino Perez had a last minute U-turn before telling Jiangu Suning they could not have Bale for free.

Any potential for the deal to be resurrected before Wednesday’s closure of the CSL window ended when Suning signed another forward - Croatia striker Ivan Santini from Anderlecht - taking up the foreign player spot previously held back for Bale.

...it would seem that Gareth Bale is motivated by money and not really career recognition at this time?....not that I would probably turn down 1 million a week to run a burger van (a reference to my current job!)
Don't totally agree with this. The guy gets criticism from all sides at Real, but was still willing to try and force his was into the team.
His club mates critical of his wanting to go to bed instead of going out for dinner...sh*t, if I was working in Spain, I don't care what job it is or what money I'm on, I'm not eating my dinner at 11:30pm.

It's a waste for such a fantastically exciting and talented player to disappear into a next-to-nothing league. Would love to be able to watch him in the PL again.

On the other side of it, I heard today that he still hasn't bothered to learn Spanish. That's like walking around for five years with your middle right hand digit permanently extended.

Don't totally agree with this. The guy gets criticism from all sides at Real, but was still willing to try and force his was into the team.
His club mates critical of his wanting to go to bed instead of going out for dinner...sh*t, if I was working in Spain, I don't care what job it is or what money I'm on, I'm not eating my dinner at 11:30pm.

Gareth doesn't drink, loves golf and is a family man with 3 kids.
He has the ability to be a pro golfer and spends most of his free time with his family and playing golf.

It's a waste for such a fantastically exciting and talented player to disappear into a next-to-nothing league. Would love to be able to watch him in the PL again.

On the other side of it, I heard today that he still hasn't bothered to learn Spanish. That's like walking around for five years with your middle right hand digit permanently extended.

I agree that, if reports are accurate, he should have made a better stab at learning Spanish...but then again, Sergio Aguero anyone?...

Always thought Gareth a bit weird... and oddly subservient...a Brit ..a Welsh Fire Brit ....allowing a W#nker like Ronaldo to Lord It over him.....No.....a player as good as Gareth ..V- signs and walks before now......end of. ...big wages available elsewhere !

;