Non: Bands/Artists you liked who never quite made it as big as they should have…

The outlaws were on the bill at the Who gig I saw at Charlton. The Who Put The Boot In. Also SAHB, Little Feat and Streetwalkers.

That's the one, Roger Chapman's Streetwalkers if I recall correctly. Loved Little Feat but must admit I didn't know how much back then. Confession time, apart from Faith Healer, I never really liked Alex Harvey band much. The Who on the other hand, wow, just fecking WOW. We were on the terraces near the back and could feel the power and aggression in their music : )

Doves are so good, but never caught on here in the States, baffles me.

Bit like the Grateful Dead over here, hardly ever played on the radio, even though they've got loads of Radio 2 friendly songs. People don't grasp how big they were for the best part of 3 decades in the U.S. of A. : )

That's the one, Roger Chapman's Streetwalkers if I recall correctly. Loved Little Feat but must admit I didn't know how much back then. Confession time, apart from Faith Healer, I never really liked Alex Harvey band much. The Who on the other hand, wow, just fecking WOW. We were on the terraces near the back and could feel the power and aggression in their music : )

I never really got SAHB either. Were you up on the corner where mushers kicked their way in? A lot of dodgy geezers there. We found a spot with loads of space on the pitch and wondered why this was so. Shortly after bottles of piss came flying through the air.

We were by the floodlight pylon someone tried to climb. Sorry about the bottles, if you had taken the empty ones home, you could have made some "returns" money : )

Delays - 'Faded Seaside Glamour' & 'You See Colours' are fantastic albums. For me the latter is amazing.

Sadly the lead singer, Greg Gilbert died of cancer a few years back.

The best thing to come out of Southampton.

Saw Delays at the Troubadour on Sunset Strip 20 yrs ago
They were superb
Even got a laugh from Greg when I shouted ‘Scummers’ from the audience

Saw Delays at the Troubadour on Sunset Strip 20 yrs ago
They were superb
Even got a laugh from Greg when I shouted ‘Scummers’ from the audience
Brave ;)

Really sad about him. I know there was some funding for his treatment, I remember Liam Gallagher donating quite a bit.

;