Non - Bands with Wonderful Names

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
Now that the transfer window is closed, and we have ten days until our next League game, how about a list of bands that have names that make you sit up and notice. Strange. Suggestive. Incomprehensible. Or anything else you like. Only condition should be that a google search of the band name would reveal at least one video. Quality of the band's music .... anything from great to rubbish. But obscure names are most welcomed.

I will start with four ......

My all-time favourite is Cinema Face, a Toronto bar band in the early 80's. The radio jocks would giggle like schoolkids when announcing where their next gig was.

Thunderpussy ......... US band formed in 2014.

Vatican Sex Kittens. Early 2000 band, from Kenne Highland who also brought us the Gizmos.

Groovy Uncle with Suzi Chunk. Don't know why, but that name just makes me laugh. Creation of Glenn Prangnell. Actually their stuff can be pretty good.

Probably American chart-toppers 'Smash My Brother's Face In', who first romped onto the scene in late 2001 with their unmistakeable debut single 'Stay Away From Me'.

How about the band I once saw support Echo and the Bunnymen. I give you:

Now is the time to forget the whimpering child and become the warrior

Bit niche but early 70s around the New Forest ( Sway club, actually ), Bert Dance and the Cement Scandal : )

Something close to my heart...

Meat Beat Manifesto

And of course..Anal C**t.

The Yeastie Girls were interesting too. 'You Suck' is a particularly horrible track!

Off the top of my head I'd say any band that contained JG Thirlwell, also known as Jim Foetus.

The first couple were

Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel and You've got Foetus on your Breath.

There were many more.

The music sounded just like you'd think it would

Marvelous...................................

Something close to my heart...

Meat Beat Manifesto

And of course..Anal C**t.

The Yeastie Girls were interesting too. 'You Suck' is a particularly horrible track!

Was wondering if someone was going to mention AC.

Their track listing on it just gets worse is something else. Don't click if you're easily offended.

"I intentionally ran over your dog" being just about the only printable one.

It Just Gets Worse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Just_Gets_Worse?wprov=sfla1

;