NON: Barnet

Traditionally, there used to be a kind of friendship bond between Arsenal and Barnet, same as there was between Tottenham and Enfield.

Don't know the figures, but a helluva lot of Arsenal fans live in the Barnet/Herts area, so if they did get fed up with the dross served up by Arteta's overpaid flops, they could always lend a bit of support to Barnet.
I don't get this. I wouldn't start going to Wimborne if we were playing crap, so why would Arsenal fans start watching another team?

I don't get this. I wouldn't start going to Wimborne if we were playing crap, so why would Arsenal fans start watching another team?
It happens, Rob.

I remember talking to some WBA fans years ago who were thoroughly disillusioned with what was going on, so they sort of adopted Walsall as a protest.

I can imagine that if we had a board that was despised, a hopeless, unpopular manager, and a useless team that didn't even try anymore, then there might be some AFCB fans that would follow, say, Poole Town.

Not everyone, obviously. But some would.

With the Arsenal situation, it isn't just that the team is playing poorly. There is real hatred for Stan Kroenke amongst the Arsenal fanbase, a bit like the Glazers at Man Utd. That's what might drive a fan to temporarily adopt another smaller local team, a team that has never been a rival. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Hats off to Tonk K whoever he is for levelling with the fans.

That really is a mess and as you say, there but for the grace of Max.
Tony Kleanthous, Barnet's long standing Chairman and owner who I think took over from Stan Flashman (the ticket tout king).

As you say, hats off. Had it been us in this situation there would doubtless have been a far shorter statement in the form of just one questions:

"Who's the Daddy!?"

;