NON - bridging the political divide

Kudos

UTC Legend

Looking at the responses online it seems to be uniting left and right but not as they intended ...universal hate.

The left liken it to the Hitler youth and the right liken it Maoist China.

Lets take a break from aruging on the Brexit, pandemic and BLM threads and come together to pour scorn on this dreadfull idea. :love1:

Looking at the responses online it seems to be uniting left and right but not as they intended ...universal hate.

Lets take a break from aruging on the Brexit, pandemic and BLM threads and come together to pour scorn on this dreadfull idea. :love1:

Must confess, the first image I had was of the Hitler youth. Dreadful idea.

It is pretty creepy tbf...
I assumed it was parody / satire the first time I saw it!
Makes you wonder about the meeting that came up with this..

I just can't get my head around the fact that someone came up with this and some other people thought it was a good idea... and that these people are presumably in positions of relative importance.

It's not a government campaign. It's run by a guy called Kash Singh. He trademarked it in 2005, when he was a policeman. Based in Yorkshire it does seem to be a genuine attempt to unify around common themes. This is what the website says:-

One Britain One Nation brings us together, not to focus on our differences but to celebrate the values we share: tolerance, kindness, pride, respect, and a tremendous desire to help others.

Today’s Britain boasts a wonderful array of cultures. It is our multicultural identity that makes Britain so unique.

Our diverse cultures are inextricably linked by the sole fact that we are British. It is this fact that has prompted OBON to reinforce and revive what collectively unites us.

OBON aims to give a new impetus for the creation of a harmonised society, to make Britain an international model of moral rectitude.

However there is also an all party parliamentary group, I'm not clear why.
Link below.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/190508/one-britain-one-nation.htm

The song was written by children.

Depends what is in the kids minds ...if its for all groups, indigenous, ethnic or whatever to unite in peaceful initiatives..OK.. let it ride.

Any themes aping Hitler Youth or Mao stuff ..then No..it has to be nipped in the bud pronto.

Just look at it Brian. George Orwell would have rejected the idea for one of his books as too far-fetched.

It's not a government campaign. It's run by a guy called Kash Singh. He trademarked it in 2005, when he was a policeman. Based in Yorkshire it does seem to be a genuine attempt to unify around common themes. This is what the website says:-

One Britain One Nation brings us together, not to focus on our differences but to celebrate the values we share: tolerance, kindness, pride, respect, and a tremendous desire to help others.

Today’s Britain boasts a wonderful array of cultures. It is our multicultural identity that makes Britain so unique.

Our diverse cultures are inextricably linked by the sole fact that we are British. It is this fact that has prompted OBON to reinforce and revive what collectively unites us.

OBON aims to give a new impetus for the creation of a harmonised society, to make Britain an international model of moral rectitude.

However there is also an all party parliamentary group, I'm not clear why.
Link below.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/190508/one-britain-one-nation.htm

The song was written by children.
Watched over by adults.

Just wait until the Yank gun culture gets heavy here...oh boy are we in for some Bingo ...the soap operas will ensure it becomes the norm...its already started..

Just wait until the Yank gun culture gets heavy here...oh boy are we in for some Bingo ...the soap operas will ensure it becomes the norm...its already started..
Will never, ever happen here. America has been a great example (if you ever needed any) of why not to. It’s only because of the second amendment that their hands are tied in doing anything meaningful about it at this point.

Will never, ever happen here. America has been a great example (if you ever needed any) of why not to. It’s only because of the second amendment that their hands are tied in doing anything meaningful about it at this point.

Oh don't worry then..forget , for now, that I mentioned it.
Amend'ments....the County Lines bods probably can't even spell the separate syllables !
Get gun.. load ....fire ....yer Nans in a box...another move and her tabby gets it !

Well it did happen here. Back in my primary schooldays we were obliged to sign all sorts of British nationalist and Military songs in a regular weekly lesson. And this was not a private school either.

Well it did happen here. Back in my primary schooldays we were obliged to sign all sorts of British nationalist and Military songs in a regular weekly lesson. And this was not a private school either.

I think they were talking about gun culture.

Anyway, what nationalist and military songs were you obliged to sing at school? I was only ever forced to sing about God.

;