Non, but please read

AlGard

UTC Legend
Thanks to DJ for letting me post this.

On Friday 19th August at the Maritime Club, Portsmouth, I am part of an organising committee to raise funds for Blesma

https://blesma.org/

The event is a 70's/80's disco, live soul band, with buffet included.

Each attendee will also get a free raffle ticket, and thanks to a lot of hard work and badgering companies, it will be one hell of a raffle.

Thomas Cook have donated a £5,000 holiday voucher as top prize, along with great golfing breaks to be won.
Signed football shirts from 15 premiership clubs, sky diving experience, flying lessons, A day with the red arrows, and much much more.

If you want to attend please PM me. Cost is just £8.
If you can't attend and want your name on a raffle ticket, it's £5.

Hopefully some of you can support the event.

Al

I won't be able to make it, but good luck and I hope it goes well. I was lucky enough to finish my service relatively unscathed and did a bit of work with St Dunstans a few years ago, it's amazing the difference these charities make on a day to day level to those that need help. Things like help for heroes are great for raising awareness but a far smaller percentage gets to those that need it

Just being pedantic here Al, but the raffle ticket isn't really free as you have to pay £8 to get in. :yikes2:

AFCB did the same with the "Free glass of mulled wine" thing at a Christmas do a few years ago that was a fiver to get in and we slaughtered them for it.

Good luck with it though, a cracking good cause.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 8/7/2016 19:32

Just being pedantic here Al, but the raffle ticket isn't really free as you have to pay £8 to get in. :yikes2:

AFCB did the same with the "Free glass of mulled wine" thing at a Christmas do a few years ago that was a fiver to get in and we slaughtered them for it.

Well sussed. You get an entry ticket with a number on. If you don't attend, you get your name put on a raffle ticket for £5.

Just on a point, when e-mailing companies for prizes, Ryanair told me to feck off.

AlGard - 8/7/2016 19:03

Ken Baileys Ghost - 8/7/2016 19:32

Well sussed. You get an entry ticket with a number on. If you don't attend, you get your name put on a raffle ticket for £5.

Just on a point, when e-mailing companies for prizes, Ryanair told me to feck off.

You're lucky; their other option would have been to give you a raffle prize for nothing, but then charge you delivery, handling and administration.

btw.

How do I get a raffle ticket?

;