Non - Can This Bloke Become President Of The United States?

billythekid

UTC Legend
Saw the programme a while back what he did to get his golf course built in Scotland.

Happened to see this speech on Sky News last night, how would you feel if he won?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35037701

I was just reading an article about this. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/07/27/donald-trumps-surge-is-heavily-reliant-on-less-educated-americans-heres-why/?tid=sm_fb

I've been saying for months that Trump is the Republican Party's Frankenstein's Monster. They've done more to scare Americans to terrorism, crime, drug use, taxes, climate change denial, evolution denial, immigration, a war on Christianity and being part of the global community. The Tea Party upped the rhetoric the past few years, but Trump has taken it to a new level. Now they know Trump wins the nomination, the Republican Party will not win the White House, but Trump will run a scorched earth campaign to do it.

If he wins your government better become best buddies with Canada. :)

Sorry Esquared if any country that elects 2 generations of the Bush family and Ronald Regan anything is possible.

hba1 - 8/12/2015 19:42

Sorry Esquared if any country that elects 2 generations of the Bush family and Ronald Regan anything is possible.

You make a good point. That's good evidence of the hubris of many of my countrymen. Though I'm white and in the Midwest, I'm a wee bit too educated to be a Trump voter. I'm just proud that my parents dislike him as well. My mom leans toward Carson, which unfortunately is an unassuming version of Trump but with more religious fundamentalism. If you want to worry about your government's long term relationship with the US, read about Carson. :)

At least Trump is creating some interesting discussions. American politics has been really boring lately.

He isnt far off about areas being radicalised but needs telling that London isnt anywhere near West Yorkshire :hihi:

Carson is bat s41t crazy too.

It defies belief that an educated country such as the US would even consider them suitable for a public office of any kind, let alone president!!!

Druss_the_Legend - 8/12/2015 21:57

Carson is bat s41t crazy too.

It defies belief that an educated country such as the US would even consider them suitable for a public office of any kind, let alone president!!!

We are not that well educated.

As we say in the US: "OOOHHHH SNAP!"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-the-only-reason-i-wouldnt-go-to-some-parts-of-new-york-is-the-real-risk-of-meeting-a6765201.html

Give me your tired, your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free.
The wretched refuse of your teeming shores.
Send these, the homeless tempest tossed to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

So what changed?

this was written a couple of weeks ago but the point about understanding the value of polls this far out stands

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dear-media-stop-freaking-out-about-donald-trumps-polls/

Redpost - 9/12/2015 00:11

So what changed?

It changed after 9/11 and economic meltdown when the government bailed out the banks. Believe me when I say neither had to change a good number of Americans, but it did.

A good number of people have a fine college education and have $20k-$100k in loans to repay. But since primary education is largely funded by the state and the city, the state by state difference between a high school education is very wide.

It's no wonder - Trump supporters are largely from the states that have low per capita spending on primary education.

Redpost - 9/12/2015 00:11

So what changed?

Paraphrased some years back by the late great Lou Reed:

Give me your hungry, your tired, your poor I'll piss on 'em
That's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses
Let's club 'em to death
And get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard

Apologies to any hair-stylists on here if I'm missing the point with it, but why would anyone have their hair styled like that?

;