NON: Charlie Austin

davygravy

Fans' Favourite
I have only seen his kick at the Huddersfield keeper on a small clip on Twitter but to me, that has to be a ban. And if Tyrone got five games, that has to be the same for Austin, an absolute deliberate kick out into the keepers face.

From BBC.

Having been played through on goal, he was beaten to the ball by Huddersfield keeper Lossl's sliding save, but Austin poked a foot out and kicked the Dane in the face, drawing blood from a wound on the nose and causing a lengthy stoppage.

Lossl had the ball cleanly in his grasp at the time but but referee Lee Probert took no action.

If he did not spot the incident then the Football Association is likely to look at it again and a may issue a suspension.

Austin, though, may be forced out of action for the next few games anyway after picking up what looked like a hamstring injury following a strike from the edge of the box which was pushed out by Lossl.

Serves him right if he has but that mate get him out of a lengthy ban. If the PL doesn't hand out something similar to Mings though, it's all wrong.

GrumpyGit - 24/12/2017 09:54

So if he's banned, does it start after his recovery from injury?

Difficult one to police. All the club have to say is he’s fit to start the ban.

Only looking at a three game ban anyway - yet the PL decided Tyrone had to have five.

Work that one out!

Austin’s incident will not be blown out of all proportion by the “Manure old boy network” that Tyrone Mings had to deal with. The FA decided it was 5 games after listening to Rooney’s post match “observations”. ??

Wasn't it because Mings challenged the ban that he got extra? From the FA report at the time:

The player denied both the charge and the claim, however, both matters were found proven and a two-match suspension was added by the Commission to the standard sanction for violent conduct.

I don't recall seeing any blood on Ibra's face. Tyrone just accidentally ruffled his man-bun a bit, didn't he ? So, if THAT was worth a hefty 5 game ban, surely Austin should get double. At least ?

Mings was found guilty of stamping on someones head. Worse than leaving a boot out imo.

I remember Michael Symes doing exactly the same at the Withdean, but I can't remember if he got a ban.

NornIron - 24/12/2017 11:12

Wasn't it because Mings challenged the ban that he got extra? From the FA report at the time:

The player denied both the charge and the claim, however, both matters were found proven and a two-match suspension was added by the Commission to the standard sanction for violent conduct.

No, the extra two games weren't added for a frivolous appeal but because they decided the offence warranted an extra ban over and above the standard ban.

NornIron - 24/12/2017 11:12

Before a report even emerged, the FA were saying that a 3 game ban was insufficient. So any denial made no difference. The FA had already said guilty before any panel met!

^ that there

FA were bang out of order with Mings. Should've just been honest and said, 'Look, it was on telly, loads of kids saw it, we don't want them replicating it, so we're making an example of you'

edit: and that's me giving the FA every benefit of every doubt, more likley big clubitis

;