Non - Christs its hot

docmandu

Star Player
It's at times like this I really feel for Prince Andrew. Imagine having to deal with this heat and not being able to sweat. Must be hell.

And last night I think is the hottest I have ever been in bed (not a self declaration of sexual prowess).

Bring on those thunderstorms !

Yesterday chatted to an Chinese family with small child that had travelled down from Oxford for the beach. They parked outside my house and I was in the garden.

It took them 4 1/2 hours to get here (normally I'm guessing 2?) and they were only at the beach for about 3 hours before getting back in the car at around 6pm.

Probably not the best time to be heading home either. I hope the jam packed beaches were worth it for their 9 hour car journey. Madness.

Yesterday chatted to an Chinese family with small child that had travelled down from Oxford for the beach. They parked outside my house and I was in the garden.

It took them 4 1/2 hours to get here (normally I'm guessing 2?) and they were only at the beach for about 3 hours before getting back in the car at around 6pm.

Probably not the best time to be heading home either. I hope the jam packed beaches were worth it for their 9 hour car journey. Madness.

You could do it quicker in a dingy from France.

The Echo.

Yesterday afternoon, a spokesperson for Dorset Traffic Cops said: "A colleague just stopped a gent who travelled from Birmingham with his 4 children to see Durdle Door.

"They set off at 8am and at 2.30pm they finally reached the road closure at Lulworth only to be turned around after 6.5 hours in the car."

I’m sure I read somewhere it’s been the hottest couple of August days for 17 years in Dorset.

Friday 29.6c (hottest August day since 2016 only)
Yesterday 31.3c
Today (so far) 29.8c

Yesterday was the hottest August day here since 2003. Every chance we may get a higher reading during this coming week before the heat eases Thurs or Fri.

Yesterday 31.3c
Today (so far) 29.8c

Yesterday was the hottest August day here since 2003. Every chance we may get a higher reading during this coming week before the heat eases Thurs or Fri.

Jim any idea of the weather on the 18th August?

It’s my wife’s birthday and son is coming from London and we hope to be in the garden.

Is it true you said ‘we might get 33 today’ and they replied ‘what, Chicken in black bean sauce’?

Yesterday 31.3c
Today (so far) 29.8c

Where do you get that from Jim Is it your own garden? I was watching the hurn airport one to see if the Bournemouth record went and it went higher than your reading (although record stayed)

This is from my own weather station (http://www.g0ofe.com/weather) where I have been keeping records since 1996.
I am less than a mile from the coast, in town, wheras Hurn is several miles inland, over sandy soils and therefore gets less coastal influence. Yesterday I recorded 31.3c, Hurn reported 33c - don't have the exact figure to hand yet, but with the rounding it would have been between 32.5 and 33.4c. The Hurn record is 34.1c going back to 1960.

AS I typed this, the temp has just clicked over to 30.0c exactly here, Hurn has reached 31c

Heathrow and Farnborough have 33c, so that's three days in a row where the temp somewhere in the UK has achieved at least 90°f

This is from my own weather station (http://www.g0ofe.com/weather) where I have been keeping records since 1996.
I am less than a mile from the coast, in town, wheras Hurn is several miles inland, over sandy soils and therefore gets less coastal influence. Yesterday I recorded 31.3c, Hurn reported 33c - don't have the exact figure to hand yet, but with the rounding it would have been between 32.5 and 33.4c. The Hurn record is 34.1c going back to 1960.

AS I typed this, the temp has just clicked over to 30.0c exactly here, Hurn has reached 31c

Heathrow and Farnborough have 33c, so that's three days in a row where the temp somewhere in the UK has achieved at least 90°f
I thought that record might go yesterday... don’t think there will be a hotter day this week looking at it... do you?

Yesterday 31.3c
Today (so far) 29.8c

IIRC that last hot August day in 2003, we were away to Port Vale. All I can remember was, it was bloody hot, I got a stick of rock with their fanzine and a PV got floored outside after the game. I think it was 1-1.

I thought that record might go yesterday... don’t think there will be a hotter day this week looking at it... do you?

Can't be ruled out.
Is it true you said ‘we might get 33 today’ and they replied ‘what, Chicken in black bean sauce’?

I'll pretend the wife didnt see that.....

Billy... 18th is a long way away in weather terms.... There's no real sign of anything disastrous (for outdoor stuff) in the longer term range, but it really is too far away to tell for sure.

Can't be ruled out.

I'll pretend the wife didnt see that.....

Billy... 18th is a long way away in weather terms.... There's no real sign of anything disastrous (for outdoor stuff) in the longer term range, but it really is too far away to tell for sure.

Thanks Jim.

IIRC that last hot August day in 2003, we were away to Port Vale. All I can remember was, it was bloody hot, I got a stick of rock with their fanzine and a PV got floored outside after the game. I think it was 1-1.
I remember that day. It was our first season back in the 3rd tier after Cardiff. Seem to remember a 2-1 defeat though

I think that weekend was when we hit the old UK record of 38.5 until we hit 38.7 last July.

;