Non - Cost of Living

Who voted for a global cost of living crisis?
probably those who didnt vote for austerity which was government policy.

As usual the government and its supporters accept no individual or collective responsibility for failures in running the country. Its all too difficult !!!

Oh dear. Not like you to make excuses for the Tories.

Yeah I'm a massive fan of theirs, Johnson in particular. There's something about incompetent, dishonest, posh entitled wankers that just screams 'born to lead'.

It might make you feel better but blaming literally every problem on them, even those that clearly affect people the whole world over, bit it is counter-productive and weakens any argument you make in future. The reason Starmer hasn't made it stick that Johnson should resign for his lies is because he has constantly called for him to resign, for everything.

probably those who didnt vote for austerity which was government policy.

As usual the government and its supporters accept no individual or collective responsibility for failures in running the country. Its all too difficult !!!

Are you saying that current inflation levels are linked to austerity policies from ten years ago?

Yeah I'm a massive fan of theirs, Johnson in particular. There's something about incompetent, dishonest, posh entitled wankers that just screams 'born to lead'.

It might make you feel better but blaming literally every problem on them, even those that clearly affect people the whole world over, bit it is counter-productive and weakens any argument you make in future. The reason Starmer hasn't made it stick that Johnson should resign for his lies is because he has constantly called for him to resign, for everything.

That's right. One terrible mistake is a resignation offense, but 10 mistakes means nothing as people become desensitised to his flaws.

That's right. One terrible mistake is a resignation offense, but 10 mistakes means nothing as people become desensitised to his flaws.

It is utterly depressing how the guy can be that sh*t at the job and act with no sense of public duty whatsoever yet people still somehow come to the conclusion that Labour would be worse. In what way could they possibly be worse than this lot?

Whilst I don't agree with Stan, Rob etc. that inflation is somehow their fault they clearly have shown that they can't sort the economy out and that despite the poor facing the biggest crisis in decades the Tories first thought is to protect their own.

The constant criticism of working from home in the Tory press is laughable. As I've said, when they were closing the pits and it was working class mining communities at the brunt of it they didn't give a ****************. Now they are worried about their property portfolios we should all apparently be worried and the general public should be shelling out exorbitant travel costs to get to an office for no reason.

Methinks you doth protest too much.

And of course the two aren’t linked in any way.

I honestly don't understand your point when you say this. We've got massive inequality levels in this country and they've been getting worse for decades. They've reached the point where youngsters can't get on the housing ladder and, now more than ever, your wealth in life is dictated by the wealth of your parents rather than the skills and effort you put in.

There is no way out of this other than for wages to increase to bring the quality of life of the working classes up. You should be shouting from the rooftops for wage increases yet here you are trotting out Tory talking points.

Of course wage increases put inflationary pressure on prices but, as we can currently see, hyper inflation us caused by scarcity of commodities relative to demand, particularly in the energy sectors. This is massive corporations squeezing as much cash as they possibly can out of is for the sake of their shareholders... and here you are suggesting wage increases for working class people are the problem. You may as well just join the Tory party at this point.

I honestly don't understand your point when you say this. We've got massive inequality levels in this country and they've been getting worse for decades. They've reached the point where youngsters can't get on the housing ladder and, now more than ever, your wealth in life is dictated by the wealth of your parents rather than the skills and effort you put in.

There is no way out of this other than for wages to increase to bring the quality of life of the working classes up. You should be shouting from the rooftops for wage increases yet here you are trotting out Tory talking points.

Of course wage increases put inflationary pressure on prices but, as we can currently see, hyper inflation us caused by scarcity of commodities relative to demand, particularly in the energy sectors. This is massive corporations squeezing as much cash as they possibly can out of is for the sake of their shareholders... and here you are suggesting wage increases for working class people are the problem. You may as well just join the Tory party at this point.
I don’t know if you’re being deliberately provocative or just trying to boringly insult me.
I didn’t say that wages were solely the problem, nor do I think, like you and Liz Truss and Boris incidentally, that thy are the only solution.

I don’t know if you’re being deliberately provocative or just trying to boringly insult me.
I didn’t say that wages were solely the problem, nor do I think, like you and Liz Truss and Boris incidentally, that thy are the only solution.

What are the other solutions to increasing inequality other than trying to improve wages? Since when have Tories wanted to improve the lot of working people over the wealthy?

What are the other solutions to increasing inequality other than trying to improve wages? Since when have Tories wanted to improve the lot of working people over the wealthy?
Taxes on higher earnings? For a supposedly non Tory you seem rather fixated on one idea.

It is utterly depressing how the guy can be that sh*t at the job and act with no sense of public duty whatsoever yet people still somehow come to the conclusion that Labour would be worse. In what way could they possibly be worse than this lot?

Whilst I don't agree with Stan, Rob etc. that inflation is somehow their fault they clearly have shown that they can't sort the economy out and that despite the poor facing the biggest crisis in decades the Tories first thought is to protect their own.

The constant criticism of working from home in the Tory press is laughable. As I've said, when they were closing the pits and it was working class mining communities at the brunt of it they didn't give a ****************. Now they are worried about their property portfolios we should all apparently be worried and the general public should be shelling out exorbitant travel costs to get to an office for no reason.

Agree. They don't seem to have any integrity. While I'm not really aligned to any specific political party, I do believe in change, so that things don't move too far in a specific direction. It's now time for that change. Imagine what these people would be doing if we weren't in an economic crisis! No NHS comes to mind... That can't happen. At this present moment in time, a soft Labour government or a Labour/LD coalition would be much better.

;