Non -Coventry City

Steve Afcb

Star Player
Protests all night tonight. Latest one a pitch invasion 6 minutes from the end at 1-1, players taken off and then Sheffield United take the lead and win the game. Sorry state of affairs up there with crap owners. Be grateful for Max.

Such a shame. Have a soft spot for Cov after watching them when I was at College 75-78. They had Ian Wallace and Mick Ferguson. I think we had Steve Massey and Derek Showers.

Some locals think that if they go down this year it could be the end. I try to cheer them up by referring to another football team whose very existence was in question a few years ago. They remain to be convinced. The real winners up here are the lawyers. The hedge fund owners have spent a small fortune - well Callum's transfer fee! - taking several court cases against Coventry Council and losing them all so far.

Who was the really fat, black guy wearing shorts and a red tee shirt, who was standing with the Coventry team officials?

RobTrent - 15/12/2016 21:52

Such a shame. Have a soft spot for Cov after watching them when I was at College 75-78. They had Ian Wallace and Mick Ferguson. I think we had Steve Massey and Derek Showers.

That's harsh Rob. Steve Massey was a decent player and one of my favourites at the time. Now Derek Showers on the other hand...

Steve Afcb - 15/12/2016 21:46

Protests all night tonight. Latest one a pitch invasion 6 minutes from the end at 1-1, players taken off and then Sheffield United take the lead and win the game. Sorry state of affairs up there with crap owners. Be grateful for Max.

And EM :yikes2:

The Football League are threatening to expel Coventry unless they can confirm where they will be playing their games next season within the next two months. As part of the years long battle of the Ricoh Arena ground, with the football club's owners, the stadium's owners, Wasps rugby club, it's a mess. If it can't be sorted, the FL will:
"call an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of all 72 clubs to consider City's expulsion from the league and any future membership."

Meanwhile Spurs haven't a clue when exactly they can move out of Wembley and into their new ground. They're given all the time needed to sort out their arrangements by the PL, extensions to their Wembley tenancy by the FA etc.

The Football League are threatening to expel Coventry unless they can confirm where they will be playing their games next season within the next two months. As part of the years long battle of the Ricoh Arena ground, with the football club's owners, the stadium's owners, Wasps rugby club, it's a mess. If it can't be sorted, the FL will:
"call an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of all 72 clubs to consider City's expulsion from the league and any future membership."

Meanwhile Spurs haven't a clue when exactly they can move out of Wembley and into their new ground. They're given all the time needed to sort out their arrangements by the PL, extensions to their Wembley tenancy by the FA etc.
I suppose it is the difference between the EFL and the premier league. It will always be different rules for the bigger clubs as we know from our past history.

I remember the time of the Sky Blue Revolution under Jimmy Hill, from their own radio station to having a Sky Blue train for their supporters for away travel.

This was all back in the 1960’s.

Went to their ground for an FA Cup game around that time, we lost 1-0.

Sad that they are now in this state.

Just four days after suffering FA Cup humiliation at the hands of non-league Kings Lynn at Highfield Road, Coventry City chairman Derrick Robbins appointed Jimmy Hill as new manager, replacing Billy Frith.

Wednesday, November 29, 1961 was a day that changed the course of Sky Blue history and the game itself.

Hill left his job as chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association after four years and told the Daily Mirror how he would go about his new role, saying: "I'm going to be a hard man.

"My main aim is to make Coventry the highest paid Football League club in the country, but you must work for it."

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-jimmy-hill-10632600

Jimmy Hill did more for the Football fan than any before or since!
Remember Cov brought 2,000 fans to DC in 63-64 for the top table clash , we won 2-0. No trouble..great bunch......Hill always demanded that from them after building great facilties at the ground. The Car industry around Cov was doing well and he persuaded them to invest in the club. If he could see it now!

Hill was an ****************.

Loved my time at college in Cov watching Ian Wallace and Mick Ferguson destroy top flight defences. Not as good as Callum and Joshua but hey!

Sad they're in such a predicament.

I think they've only got a month. The egm would be at the end of April because if they are to be chucked out decisions need to be made about how the 92 can be kept at 92 as they'd need to be extra promotions sorted.

You can't wait until the first day of next season and go with a league of 23. Although the EFL might do that and sell the slot for one year to a Premier League U23 side.

Jimmy Hill did more for the Football fan than any before or since!
Remember Cov brought 2,000 fans to DC in 63-64 for the top table clash , we won 2-0. No trouble..great bunch......Hill always demanded that from them after building great facilties at the ground. The Car industry around Cov was doing well and he persuaded them to invest in the club. If he could see it now!
Sorry to be pedantic...we won 2-0 .....the Ringwood flyer got both

;