Non. Denny Laine

Wrote Go Now which he used to perform with Wings.

Also Say You Don't Mind, a hit for Colin Blunstone (I think)
He didn't write Go Now. A couple of Yanks wrote it and some girl in the states sang it. The Moody Blues covered it and had a hit.
Denny Laine was on record as saying '..maybe I can't write a hit song..' and having a moan about Paul McCartney only paying him £100 grand a year (in the '70s!)

He didn't write Go Now. A couple of Yanks wrote it and some girl in the states sang it. The Moody Blues covered it and had a hit.
Denny Laine was on record as saying '..maybe I can't write a hit song..' and having a moan about Paul McCartney only paying him £100 grand a year (in the '70s!)
Yes, bit of an odd fellow. Joined Macca's band then seemed to resent the fact McCartney wrote most of the songs and got all the attention. That's one hell of an ego to think a stint in the early Moodies puts you up there with an ex- Beatle.

He has a great discography and was a founder member of the Moody Blues & Wings. Played with Roy Wood in his first band. Was never able to move out of the shadow of the greats he worked with.
RIP.

Bessie Banks

The oldies are having a tough time. Not unexpected but even the fit ones are struggling:
* Aerosmith - postponed - Tyler with throat issues.
* Bruce - postponed - peptic ulcer
* Doobies - finished tour without Tom Johnston - back surgery
* Kiss - missed Toronto and now say they have finished touring.

See them while you still can.

;