Non - Derby appoint Lampard

A good appointment. Makes a great change from the regurgitating of old tired and useless managers that go from club to club and regularly fail.
Potentially at last for Derby, a good chance of promotion.
Completely agree , why not try someone new instead of the old boys network? Hasn’t done Derby any good up to now has it ?I’ve always admired Frank - quality player , decent intelligent chap who articulated himself well and does know the game .
I hope he does well .

Completely agree , why not try someone new instead of the old boys network? Hasn’t done Derby any good up to now has it ?I’ve always admired Frank - quality player , decent intelligent chap who articulated himself well and does know the game .
I hope he does well .

I'm sure Uncle Harry will be dishing out some pearls of wisdom.

A good appointment. Makes a great change from the regurgitating of old tired and useless managers that go from club to club and regularly fail.
Potentially at last for Derby, a good chance of promotion.

How is it a good chance of promotion? He is entirely untested. Or maybe give someone a go who might deserve it in a lower league? Gerrard, Lampard and Giggs have all walked into big jobs with very limited coaching experience. Pleased that Stoke and Ipswich have gone for managers who have earned their way up in a different career to playing. I feel like there's a sense of entitlement from some past 'heroes' who see their playing name as their ticket to a big management job. West Brom have gone for someone with limited experience, but at least he proved himself in the last few games. For every Zidane, there are plenty of Gary Neville's. It could work, but there's also every chance that his Chelsea/Man City reserve team might not.

I think I'm quite cynical about this...

Lampard is too switched on to fall into too many traps. Strong- minded and would have the respect of young players who have seen him in action in the recent past. Like Oldskool said, intelligent and articulate.. A bit like Eddie?

Good appointment. I would expect him to loan Chelsea reserve players and he will attract some good talent because if you had the choice of playing under Steve Bruce or fat frank who would you pick. The guys a legend I would love to play for him:bow:

I think he has all the attributes to be a success. I agree that being a top class player doesn’t make you a great manager but it doesn’t stop you either...Cruyff, Beckenbauer, guardiola, zidane, conte etc etc. Mourinho and Wenger didn’t play top level or Paisley.... they tend to be the exceptions though.

If you are bright, humble, articulate and want to better others you will succeed and if you have also been managed by the very best I would say you have an advantage.

His Christmas present for this year will be a resignation gathering including guests Steven Gerrard and Marco Silva - maybe even Javi Garcia!

As far as I know, he did some of his coaching badges while still a player and recently got his A license. He's served under some of the best managers around. Comparisons of EH learning from SOD, HR and MM, well he's had managers with about 10 Champions League titles between them... Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti, World Cup winner Phil Scolari... If he takes bits of each of those and can apply them, he'll do alright. He has always had his head screwed on and doesn't talk b0llocks like his cousin.

Given what is on offer on the manager merry-go-round. If Eddie had left and Frank had turned up, I wouldn't have objected.

;